Project - Grumpy's Toy II

G

Grumpy

Well I figure it's about time to start this thread. The beat up and ugly little Zuk everyone knows and loves is about to get a major facelift. Over the years I have contemplated several different visions of how I wanted the truck to look but never made the final call until last fall at Rausch Creek. I knew then what I wanted and how it would look. A donor truck was purchased soon after and more recently, parts to complete the build I started 5 years ago, have been coming in or been ordered...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
G

Grumpy

Body Swap? What body/year?

Sorry to disappoint...same year, same body...only with 2 rust holes and no body damage instead of nothing BUT rustholes and body damage.....

Consider front coils?

Nope...this ride is staying on leafs, it works so why change it?? (come watch the truck wheel at RC and you'll see what I mean). Yes it has it's limitations but that's fine with me, I love the truck and what it's capable of. (plus I love turning heads on the trail with the little thing in a mostly stock form...)

Last edited:
G

Grumpy

Try PJF Chump!

Sorry...not building the truck for PJF :finger:

It may be worth the trip to watch you trash the new body, but I have more important things to attend to.

I won't be thrashing on the truck in the same way as I did the old one.......well maybe a little...(love following George's buggy and watching his reaction...hehehehehe)

This thread is useless without pics...........

Read above...."The transformation starts March 10th...stay tuned for more!"

Last edited:

szabotage

cool build steve, I'm sure it'll turn out great! I remember a time bout 8 years ago some of us were die hard to keep them all zuk. now more then ever, everyone's running toys on YJ's. seems like the new recipe for zuks.

I remember back when you had a springover on 33's you were considered unstoppable :smokin: and by all considerations, it was! glad to see your keeping it so!

G

Grumpy

Thanks Mike, I'm proud of the truck so far and how it continues to impress people.....but the time to finish what I started is now so here I go....

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm

I was refering to the fact that Rausch Creek isn't the only place with good wheeling (and possibly not the best or hardest -- I don't know, haven't been there yet)

:stir::flipoff:

G

Grumpy

I was refering to the fact that Rausch Creek isn't the only place with good wheeling (and possibly not the best or hardest -- I don't know, haven't been there yet)

So what are you waiting for? (probably the same thing I am to build the buggy....time and money!)

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member

Good thing :) Wouldn't get far :stir:

I won't be thrashing on the truck in the same way as I did the old one.......well maybe a little...(love following George's buggy and watching his reaction...hehehehehe)

Yah, he could not make it up the cliff at PJF either :flipoff:

My turn at bashing Steve is now complete! :lmao::lmao:

S

smiley2007

Read above...."The transformation starts March 10th...stay tuned for more!"

Ummmm, March 10th of what year..............lol.

Sorry, I don't post much here, but I just had to say that. :)

Christine W.

Last edited:

BlueAngel

LOL... It was funny as hell watching you beat your truck, I just couldn't believe you pretty much followed me on all the trails at RC.

So, if you're starting march 10th, will you be done in time for a spring trip to Rausch Creek? I'm looking forward to go this spring, so, I've been watching this board to see if anyone is going, so what's the deal?

George

G

Grumpy

I don't go back to work till April 1st so I have a solid three weeks at home to work on it....3 weeks X 7 days a week = 21 days.....plus at least two weekends in April, (Easter weekend is out of the question as Christine's family is up from Ohio)...so a total of 25 days.....Should be able to do it all except paint I think....most my parts will be in End of Feb, got some tube and plate steel to pick up, (Loucon Metal is 15 mins from my house), and a few other odds and ends, all pretty local....as far as RC is concerned, we're on for May 1st weekend...leaving Ottawa Thurs April 30th early afternoon....heading back Sunday May 3rd........

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
And if you still need the YJ springs, let me know, they're in the back of the car (ended up in the hospital rather than at the meeting last month).