Quinn Oct. 4

C

Colorado Bill

Hey everyone I was wondering if its possible to attend quinn with my truck. I'd like to try it out its a Colorado Z71 with 31" MT MTZ's. I've been out on ATV's alot and want to try the truck thing. i have some experience off roading in carp is quinn similar? is it possible with my rig?

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
The Qinnn is one of our toughest trails. It's been done with stock TJs before but I'd be learly about your colorado especially if it's a dailiy driver. If you are looking to see if you like it or how the truck works there are other trails that are better suited to that type.

Perhaps someone else can suggest some alternatives. You could always come out and ride with someone to see the trail.

C

Colorado Bill

0k how does it compare to carp trail? i'd like to see quinn in the fall i think it'd be a good pic oportunity. i've been out on the trails off hydro dam road is that how u get to the quinn trail system? i'm willing to take a few risks.
thaks Bill

T

TonyT

Hey Bill,
you might be willing to take risks, but that puts the rest of the group in jeopardy too, cause they'll have to somehow get you out.
It might be best to take the ride with somebody else first, as suggested.
Are you a club member ?
Tony.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
What are you doing sunday? I am trying to get a run up to Wabun lake if i can get enough people.

B

bruteforce08

We were at the quinn yesterday and believe me, you will not make it with a colorado and 31's. My buddy's colorado with 31's never made it past the 3rd mudhole. Because it's about 4 feet deep! I 'swam' across it with my quad. We thought about winching through but we rode ahead on my atv and we realized he was beat. On a quad it's no problem if you got some balls. But in a truck with smaller tires would take some serious skill. I would give my left lugnut to join you guy's on a run there with capable machines. It's tough.