Quinn Trail-Trail Report

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
2 degrees and rain, and we're going to Quinn, yay what a fun day this is gonna be is what I was thinking. We met up at Antrim and moved on to Munford's to pickup Adrian. Once at the "Campground" the trailers were unloaded (hey, did I mention there's cell service up there now?!) and trucks aired down, with the drive down Norcan Lake rd set to begin. What's that you say? Brad has no drain plug in his BRAND NEW rear diff? Uhhh ohhh... Well, a quick trip to the woods and a drain plug...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
T

Tweaked

Looks like a fun time, wish there was some more stockers so I could have gone. Oh well there's always the run this comming weekend. Is Quinn trail the one leading to Norcan lake? If so I think I've been on that trail before...

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Brad has no drain plug in his BRAND NEW rear diff? Uhhh ohhh... Well, a quick trip to the woods and a drain plug fashioned out of a tree branch he was under way.

Great run, I had a lot of fun. Thanks to all those who had suggestions for fashioning a diff plug on the trail (and not laughing too hard when I brought it up). All in all, it worked very well.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Great run, I had a lot of fun. Thanks to all those who had suggestions for fashioning a diff plug on the trail (and not laughing too hard when I brought it up). All in all, it worked very well.

Looks like you now have a new avatar hehehehehe

R

Redneck

Sorry I didn't make it guys . Went to work and well lets say 3or4 fellas at the bar I work at took the time to express a few anti anglais sentiments in a physical way . Sigh drunk people suck ! But they bounce well. Sounds like a not bad run . Sorry i missed it .:smokin:

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Must be you Mitko, I downloaded it fine around 9:00 tonight.

And my pics are up in the gallery.

Richard

tlowe

tryed to download and on 43 % there was big f****n error, tryed again and same result - 43%. so is there something wrong or just my ****** e - net again

Same thing happened to me yesterday.........

Trevor

B

blair_b

Hey boys, I had no trouble with the video either. Just wanted to say thanks for having me out- had a blast. Can't wait to hit the trails again soon. Also thanks to the guys who "lent" me some air after the run.:)

A

ajh

Fire, etc

So it turns out it had nothing to do with lack of low-range or overworking the transmission.

When I had Robson Racing installing my ARB locker I had them also change my ATF, only when they put the pan back on they cut the gasket. It only leaked once the vehicle was brought nose-up so it went unnoticed for awhile. The slab where it had trouble was high-angle and the leak drained directly onto the Y-Pipe leading to the fire.

The good news is I replaced the gasket and all is fine, I also hooked up the 2nd interlock solenoid for the transfer case (long story but it has to do with having 2001 and 2004 parts on a 2003 vehicle) and high-low shifting works great now.

I'm waiting on a computer interface to arrive (any day now) so I can reset the ABS codes and get my traction control back, which will make the Eaton TrueTrac in the front Diff a lot more useful.

Also adding sway bar disconnects, my articulation was not very impressive with both swaybars connected. Hopefully in about 2 weeks the quick disconnects will be in place. I'm also investigating a coilover conversion but also found out today that I need a new valley gasket which will take some of the money I was planning for suspension so who knows.

Looking forward to the next outing.

A

ajh

Not a bad first rock trail though.

So despite all the technical difficulties it was fun, and my first time on anything at all like that :)