Spring Fever Clearing Run

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
This Sat May 3rd

This is not a normal trail run, it is open to all with trucks that are built to handle the Quinn without any assistance or issues, need at least a couple chainsaws and be prepared to clear whatever is blocking the trail from the winter fall.

I am looking to form 2 groups to clear trail, preferably 3 trucks per group to run different directions down the Quinn to clear fallen trees and debris from winter, some years this is a fast easy run, others it is time consuming and...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:

98AT

Lots of downed trees in the area I was up there a few weekends ago, one of those years with the heavy snow we had this winter

trixter192

Club Member
I am available to help, but my truck can't do the trails quickly or easily. Would prefer to ride shot gun.

Buster

Club Member
Tim,
Will let you know Wednesday evening if I can help. Sami , saw,and possible co-pilot.

trixter192

Club Member
What?! Your truck is more than capable for Quinn.
Keywords "quickly and easily"
Last spring I got stuck twice, suffered body damage, winched up pinion pass. Nevermind the hi-lift, I got a shorter one.

I'm not saying I can't do it, but I can't breeze through it as required for this clearing run. The only benefit I have this year is higher front lift with more articulation (without a sway bar.) But that's still just 5" of travel and no front locker.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Keywords "quickly and easily"
Last spring I got stuck twice, suffered body damage, winched up pinion pass. Nevermind the hi-lift, I got a shorter one.

I'm not saying I can't do it, but I can't breeze through it as required for this clearing run. The only benefit I have this year is higher front lift with more articulation (without a sway bar.) But that's still just 5" of travel and no front locker.
You're probably not going to be cleaning Pinion Pass, normally we just do the main trail. And you should have no problem running back to front quickly.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Bill (Kent's buddy) called me yesterday and confirmed he and another truck will be at the dam for 9 to help. He's chainsaw qualified. He's here on the forum but must be shy of posting...

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
thanks everyone who is coming out! Jean-Guy, i think your truck would be fine in there, and a couple light challenges are not the same as not making it through, but your call.

for anyone planning to come but just volunteering to be a passenger, please make sure you have a seat in advance, would hate for you to drive all the way there, and have no seat...

A couple of us are heading down the powerline to prepare the flag locations for the event, so we will not be clearing the trail.

I would still like 1 or 2 more trucks on the clearing to have 2 solid groups!

See you all Sat!

trixter192

Club Member
Truck is all armored up and ready for the trails. Fabbed a tranny pan skid plate. Tomorrow I'm replacing the front calipers (If I can find some). I would rebuild them, but I recall the pistons were very hard to move, boots torn, and I have no compressed air. Ex Gf's step dad hacked my brakes in 2012. If I get my stopping power back, I'll challenge myself to Quinn. Otherwise, I think I can handle Carp.

Last edited:

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
Truck is all armored up and ready for the trails. Fabbed a tranny pan skid plate. Tomorrow I'm replacing the front calipers (If I can find some). I would rebuild them, but I recall the pistons were very hard to move, boots torn, and I have no compressed air. Ex Gf's step dad hacked my brakes in 2012. If I get my stopping power back, I'll challenge myself to Quinn. Otherwise, I think I can handle Carp.

Hope to see you there!

trixter192

Club Member
Changed the brake fluid, seems a bit better. I figured one of you guys can rebuild them for a lot less than replacing for $300. Late models are expensive :( I'll be camping there with the girlfriend tonight.

Where exactly do we meet? At the actual dam, or the loading area near the SF camping area?

Buster

Club Member
Where we normally camp/unload....see you tomorrow.
you cooking breakfast??