Steven reporting from Zooklounge

Z

Zooklounge

OMG..... Scott is building his masterpiece. Yes he is finally building a truck of his own to keep!

The blueprint is pretty crazy and the parts are on order.....1st place at PJF Bill, might be a zooklounge crew .

Pictures to come.

Vehicle bio.

38.5 Swamper SX
Toyota axles, and IFS steering box
4.37 gears or 4.88
Longfields
Detroit locker
Yukon spool out back
TG high steer
16 inch fox shocks (very shinny)
1.6L 16 valve Sidekick engine (NO NEED FOR V8)
Kicker 4 (adapter)
4 speed auto
Dual...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

szabotage

sweet setup! but just remember, there's no replacement for displacement! rockracing is a whole lot different from rockcrawling

D

DasZuk

Cool !
Sounds like a pretty well thought out shopping list !

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
You could have waited 9 months and I could have sold you my axles, bead locks and tires :p

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I haven't started my build yet!!!! Those parts may find a home in Carlsbad!:)

:)

Already have a line on front 60 and rear 14 bolt with factory 4:56 gears so this is the last year for the toy axles :smokin:

Z

Zooklounge

i've got 4 sets of axles to spare, but i think with the whopping horespower under my hood i should be able to keep it asian( go hampsters go)

G

Grumpy

You could have waited 9 months and I could have sold you my axles, bead locks and tires :p

I haven't started my build yet!!!! Those parts may find a home in Carlsbad!:)

I hope it won't come to a bidding war Justin.......I'll be looking too....

Probably be 2 sets of them available by next winter. :smokin:

That's if there's anything left of yer axles Wilson after the first couple of runs with the 6.0L breathing fire in yer truck :flipoff:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I hope it won't come to a bidding war Justin.......I'll be looking too....

That's if there's anything left of yer axles Wilson after the first couple of runs with the 6.0L breathing fire in yer truck :flipoff:

You think there will be much difference between mine with the 6.0 and Adrian's with the 5.3? :lmao:

szabotage

I retract my old statement. with all these V8 guys breaking their lil axles, maybe the 4bangers do have a chance!

szabotage

not sure if you already bought your kicker adapter or not, but here's an alternative that may be a better choice:

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716069

not only is this mechanically controlled 4 spd stronger, toy t'cases bolt up to it, and so do many bellhousings including suzuki, toyota, isuzu, volvo and jeep.

oh, the isuzu bellhousing this aisin tranny adapts to is a 60 deg. GM bolt pattern. my personal choice of motor for this setup would be the ecotec 2.2 changed over to turbo. I'm sure this motor will give the V8 guys a run for their money!