Sunday driver - looking for a first trail to try

D

Digger

Hi,

I see some trail names on the forum but no directions etc..I assume this is intentional.

Do I need an OVO partner to try one out for the first time...I'm thinking on going Sunday sometime if possible.

Nothing to severe to start off with, but also not a flat dirt road in the woods either.

Thanks,

Digger (Scott)

I

IncredibleHulk

what kind of rigg do you have i can probably do burnt land with you on sun day if youd like i have an 04 rubicon but is sick right now so cant domuch more than burnt lands

D

Digger

Sunday driver

I picked up a 95 Dakota 4x4 last year (167K) as a tow vehicle for my tent trailer, and I am currently looking into getting a jeep, as early as tomorrow night so this might become my official offroad vehicle if I don't sell it privately (not worth anything on trade).

I

IncredibleHulk

well if you manage to get the jeep id look into doing the lavant trail or carp with the guys this week, they are meeting saturday for carp and sunday for lavant....i do have a rubicon but currently driving with no front drive shaft so no 4wd...right now there is maybe 2 spots i can think of in burnt lands that i may not be able to do

D

Digger

Sunday driver

Thanks for the info folks.

Any chance on hooking up on Sunday for a trail tour in my Dakota, I'm still not sure where to go exactly, or if rules apply etc. We can take this chat offline PM me if interested.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Hi there are 2 trail runs scheduled for this weekend. They are both open for the general public to come out and go for a run with us. This one on Sunday is going to be a good haul on a stock Dakota, but worse case you can go as far as you feel comfortable and then we could probably find you a place to park your truck and you could probably jump in with somebody else.
Please note that front tow points are mandatory on this run.

http://www.ovo.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2508

Dwayne

Last edited:

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
This is really the run you should do this weekend with a stock Dakota. It is on Saturday.
http://www.ovo.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2508.

You would have to ask Brad if you can get a tow strap hooked up to your frame so that you can drive with it attached and up over your hood for the day whether that is an acceptable front tow point for the day on Carp. That is of course Brad's call.
This would apply to you as well Dave.

Dwayne

D

Digger

Sunday driver

Couldn't make today unfortunately. but tomorrow is probably do able.

This is really the run you should do this weekend with a stock Dakota. It is on Saturday.
http://www.ovo.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2508.

You would have to ask Brad if you can get a tow strap hooked up to your frame so that you can drive with it attached and up over your hood for the day whether that is an acceptable front tow point for the day on Carp. That is of course Brad's call.
This would apply to you as well Dave.

Dwayne