Tech threads

J

Joust

are there any technical threads on this forum?
am I just not seeing them all? are they for members only?

S

SWest

Leafs

Trying to get a better ride .. I have stock springs with ADD a Leaf and well I traded off superior strenght for soft ride.. Any info on some good leafs for my sammy that would increase articulation and not break...

cheers
Steven

S

SWest

NO MIssing Links

I do not want a missing links (FANGS)... And extending my frame is not in my plans. Was looking more suzuki spring.

and I left some ideas for you in the poll thingy!

Cheers

R

Root Moose

The main problem you are having for ride is the add a leaf... well, that and you can only do so much with a 80" wheelbase. :)

If you want to keep with a quick/easy/stock config, I was really happy with the OME springs that I ran on the LWB. Make sure you get the HD packs though or they will fatgue/sag quickly on a rig that gets wheeled.

HTH

S

SWest

Leafs

Id dont like staying stock but my truck does really well on most everything so you know dont fix if it aint broken. But id like to keep my kidneys a few more years! So the OME were good hey! Were you running the HD pack yourself if so how many years you run it, was it better flex then usual. What did you like about itis my big question?

Thanks for the reply I apprecite the help.

------------------------------------------------------
If it aint done at the Zooklounge well its just aint done!

R

Root Moose

I ran the HD pack in the back.

The ride was fab. Very soft/compliant but after a few inches of down travel it started to firm up.

My LWB was SOA with the leaf packs running 33s. It flexed very well although I never ramped it. If I had to throw a number out there I'd guess it was in the 800s on a 25 degree ramp. That was with closed clamps and long Monroe cheapy shocks.

I dunno who else makes leaf packs for the Samurai these days - been out of it a long time. Maybe do some searching around for whatever is current.

Another option on the cheap may be to mix and match two sets of leafs. Take the add a leaf out and add a normal intermediate leaf from a different pack to see what it gives you. IIRC there are a bunch of different leafs and intermediate leaf length between the Sam/410/413 stuff. Should be able to make something work? The old CJ stuff that is 2" wide may work as well. JAT

S

SWest

leafs

thanks for the info on th OME it helps and Im doing my research. I was looking at athe BONZ-EYE but dunno. Anybody else have any info?