Build The BuBBaDuB Build

BuBBaBO

Club Member
So, in July 2014, I decided to sell the TJ (gone but not forgotten). In September 2014, I decided to replace the TJ with a Grand Cherokee so that I would be able to fit the whole family while on the trails. This is the progress since.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4.0L Inline 6 cylinder
Quadra-Trac II - NP247 transfer case
4 speed Automatic - 42RE transmission
Dana 30/35
3.55 gearing

Here she sits the day I picked it up.

Surprisingly it came with the...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BuBBaBO

Club Member
It reached a little milestone on December 1st, 2014

Testing out a little flex at the end of the driveway

I decided I'd like a little better stance, so I (with Traci`s assistance) installed a set of 1.5" Rough Country wheel "adaptors" which I purchased from PJF4X4. I like the stance a lot better now

I'm liking the stance a little better now.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Whoops…. After a couple little turns, I found that the front fascia didn't like the wheel spacers.

So, I decided to keep the wheel spacers on and just cut out the fog light area of the fascia to provide a better approach angle for the curbs. I used a dremmell which worked well.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Front drive-shaft was this stupid Rezeppa-Fixed yoke and was on its way out after the lift. So I got Matt to remove it until I could find something better.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
I came across this conventional double cardan shaft and yoke on Kijiji which was from a V8 model Grand Cherokee

The double cardin shaft needed to be rebuilt, so I took it to Ottawa Drive-shaft to work their magic.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
I found this drawer system on the internet somewhere and really liked the setup.

So I tasked my woodworking father to work his magic. The design plans were online, so I just sent him the link.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Since the bigger spare tire no longer fits in the factory spare tire area, I decided to get a roof rack off of Amazon to have a place to carry my spare tire. I no longer have the spare up there as it feels really tippy and didn't like how it was secured.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Decided that the rockers on the WJ needed some protection. I picked up these sight unseen off Kijiji. They were from the Overland edition of a Grand Cherokee.

They were in pretty bad shape

My father and step-brother filled all the holes with whatever they could find and cleaned them up a bit.

I think they look pretty good installed.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
I figured it was now time for some new tires. I decided to go with the new BFG K02's. The size is 265/70/R17

BuBBaBO

Club Member
I came across this nifty little find on Kijiji. A roof top tent for two…

RTT installed.

The kids seem to like it.

Camping at Green Lake in the summer of 2015. The RTT has now been sold as it just wasn't what I wanted. Plus it looked like some creature giving birth when I was getting out of it.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Another Kijiji find. Factory tow hitch from a V8 Grand Cherokee. My step-brother sand blasted it all down and repainted it.

Tow hitch installed by Mike Lorint, and looks like it came from the factory. I still need to get it wired up though.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Taking a stab at the RTI ramp at the OVO Summer BBQ in September 2015. I'm pretty impressed thus far.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Came across some rot in the driver side wheel well. So, I sprayed it with some rust inhibitor and covered it up with some sheet metal. PL Premium to the rescue

BuBBaBO

Club Member
More rot found in the rockers in the fall, so I tried to do a little body work. Didn't turn out like I wanted but hopefully will hold until spring

And it looks like s**t....

BuBBaBO

Club Member
March 2016 - Jeep spent a week at Michael Lorint's to get some rocker love. 3/16th inch plate to cover the rotted out ole rockers. Very solid.