The Rager

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
HE'S ALIVE!!! Nice to hear from you again Ryan.

Your truck is looking and working good. I like that you can keep the revs down, unlike your run on Lavant a couple years back :p

R

ROUGHcrawl

Thanks Richard, this is a much different beast then the sidekick!! Drive/power train is 351 Cleveland, AOD tranny, bronco Dana 20, square tube shafts. Ford king pin dana60 up front, and a 2500 suburban AAM 10.5 rear.

R

ROUGHcrawl

Specs
93 Ford Ranger cab- gutted, boomz racing seats, street rod wheel, lisence plate dash, TPI guages

Power/drive train- 1970 351c carborated, 89 F150 AOD tranny, 67 Bronco Dana20 twin sticked, square tube shafts.

Frame- 3/16" wall 6"x2" main frame, 1/8" wall 1 1/2" tube work, all manual bent

Suspension- front triangulated 4 link, rear is 3 link (upper wishbone),TG Creeper Joints, 14" 2.5" FOA dual rate coilovers

Steering- TG full hydro steering kit, 10" ram, custom high steer arms designed by me.

Front axle- Ford king pin Dana 60, trussed, warn hubs, Lincoln locked, Reid Racing knuckles, 4.10 gears

Rear axle- Chevy 2500 AAM 10.5 LSD, rear disc brakes, trussed

Tires- 325/85/R16 Michelin XML's

R

ROUGHcrawl

Thanks Man
Can't wait to wheel with you guys again. Been wheeling around my place damn near have a park here.

R

ROUGHcrawl

Thanks.
So I'd like to actually add some pics to this and show you guys some of the stuff I made. But I'm working from an iPhone any body know I it's possible to add photos? Or of an app like picasa? Or if I can link pics from Instagram?
Any help would very appreciated

iPhone newb

szabotage

Try photobucket, i managed to upload pics through my android this way. Truck looks great and sounds like your typical built ford when u opened er up on one of the hillclimbs :p guess i may have to swap that 1uz-fe into my samurai if i wanna keep up with ya

Last edited:
R

ROUGHcrawl

Ok well I'll give it a shot. If this works thanks Szabo.

Time to make a pic heavy thread!!!

R

ROUGHcrawl

My high steer arms. Designed them myself had them cut locally. 1 5/8" thick.

szabotage

They look sick! I thought u gave up on the arms and broke down and bought a pair. Keep an extra heim handy, i read that heims and steering don't mix. I think billavista said so on one of his earlier articles back before the wolf existed

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
In double shear it isn't much of an issue I don't think (see Adrian's setup). How are the arms attached? Regular bolts?

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I' ve been running heims on almost everything up front for awhile with no problems. Ive never heard of any problems running them especially as that is what everyone using on built rigs. I do us bigger 3/4 bore 7/8 shank for all of mine though

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Seeing as all the PSC rams come with heim's I think they are fine ;) But yah, double shear is the way to go.

R

ROUGHcrawl

Ya arms are bolted with 5 grade 8 bolts perside. These are also 3/4" bore 3/4" shank. I've been looking into a double shear but it would be a pain. This is working well though. The failure point is the outer piece the stretch and fail.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Ya arms are bolted with 5 grade 8 bolts perside. These are also 3/4" bore 3/4" shank. I've been looking into a double shear but it would be a pain. This is working well though. The failure point is the outer piece the stretch and fail.

For the others running buggies - do you guys just use bolts on the steering arms, or the cone washer alignment stuff? I'm not that familiar with 60's, but I remember Bill preaching about it in one of his articles to ensure that there is no slop at all for the arms to sheer the bolts.