Thoughts on mid-larger SUVs

Baja

When my kids came along, I got a Yukon instead of the mini-van route. Best thing I ever did ;)
Us too with the Suburban. If you don't want that big then get the Tahoe.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Nice!
Tahoe won't work as I want the rear seats to be flat fold down. Looks like to get it flat you need to remove them. No room in the house/garage for them.
#diva

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
On average I am finding maybe 3-5 of any type of 7 passenger SUV within 100km in my price range (the only exception is Honda Pilot which is 1 and is in Kingston). The only thing stopping me from getting a minivan is lack of 4wd. The prices are like half and the interior space is redonculous.

The Toy Sienna has AWD option. Might not make it up the Vennacher but good for winter.

And I found this one:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...er/1050350608?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Nice!
Tahoe won't work as I want the rear seats to be flat fold down. Looks like to get it flat you need to remove them. No room in the house/garage for them.
#diva

my yukon the seats folded flat so not sure - I put a queen mattress back there for camping ;)

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I had seen pictures from a late model Tahoe and it looked like the rear seats folded forward but to actually have a flat surface minus one seat that a greyhound could stand in it looked like the seat would have to come out but I could be wrong. I won't dismiss them if I come across one and can check it out

my yukon the seats folded flat so not sure - I put a queen mattress back there for camping ;)

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I had seen pictures from a late model Tahoe and it looked like the rear seats folded forward but to actually have a flat surface minus one seat that a greyhound could stand in it looked like the seat would have to come out but I could be wrong. I won't dismiss them if I come across one and can check it out

Suburban/XL model? The third row on mine (92) was removable, 2nd row folded flat. If you really do drive vehicles into the ground, just sell the 3rd row seating.

trixter192

Club Member
The Toy Sienna has AWD option. Might not make it up the Vennacher but good for winter.

And I found this one:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...er/1050350608?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This one could.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
There are a couple around. We are kind of toying the idea of it for 3-5 years now as I doubt we will have 3 dogs by then and can scale down. So we are opening up to older models as well. Also keeping open the idea of a minivan. We don't put a lot of miles on but when we do it usually involves everyone going somewhere and the cost difference with a minivan is hard to overlook.
I have definitely got some good ideas out of here for sure.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Also keeping open the idea of a minivan. We don't put a lot of miles on but when we do it usually involves everyone going somewhere and the cost difference with a minivan is hard to overlook.

That's what is going to make replacing the TB a difficult decision. So much value and space compared to what people want for a Tahoe/Yukon.

junkpile

As far as the upscaled Durango based Aspen goes, it's a super plush ride, all the amenities but not a ton of cargo space inside, not as much as you'd expect anyways.