Toyota wheel spacers

G

Gadzooks

as the heading says, looking for four toyota bolt pattern wheel spacers.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
He might be trying to match width with an IFS rear axle which is 3" wider...

That is what I have in my truck but I use the SKY spacers that use IFS hubs rotors etc and space the caliper instead of the wheel....

G

Gadzooks

you may be right!

why go with a spacer? would't it be cheaper and safer to go with a better offset rim?

:smokin:

You may be onto something there John, problem is I've acquired not one, but two sets of American Racing rims, and neither sets fit. Growing tired of searching for sales, and dealing with people not showing up when they say they will. Maybe 15's are too small for my caliper? But I've got a new set of 31's for 15inch rims, and they are dying to get put on...are spacers on a DD a really stoopid idea? or just a dumb, but not really that dangerous idea??
:confused:

G

Gadzooks

He might be trying to match width with an IFS rear axle which is 3" wider...

That is what I have in my truck but I use the SKY spacers that use IFS hubs rotors etc and space the caliper instead of the wheel....

This is what I've got. An 04 Tacoma and a set of 31, 10.5, 15 tires that want to be put on....I've got a set of A/R black steelies, and a set of A/R outlaw II alums, neither of which seems to fit....I do have a set of Aluminum old school land cruiser rims that fit fine and are getting put on as I type, but I wanted black....and a matching spare...so now I've got new rubber, old, old rims, and no fifth rim to match....and two xtra sets of toy rims!!
and I thought sami's were frustrating to find parts for.....

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Most Toy rims are 4" backspacing, LandCruiser and Solid Axle Toys are 3 1/2"

If you don't need much, you can get 1/4" spacers from that speed shop on GladStone, Chevy 6 bolt ones fit...

G

Gadzooks

cool, I'll check it out, thought that the A/R rims would fit for sure. I'll have to try and put one on myself and see how much room I need. The truck is at the tire shop now and I got a call from them saying the rims wouldn't fit, didn't think to ask how much they rubbed. Hopefully a small amount will do...guess I'll have to put one on and check it out tonight in the driveway.
thanks for the help...the guy you sugg has them, but has no idea where they are!!! :lmao:

G

Gadzooks

Most Toy rims are 4" backspacing, LandCruiser and Solid Axle Toys are 3 1/2"

If you don't need much, you can get 1/4" spacers from that speed shop on GladStone, Chevy 6 bolt ones fit...

But....
are spacers on a DD a really stoopid idea? or just a dumb, but not really that dangerous idea??
Is my gf safe to drive on the higway with spacers on the wheels?

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
1/4" ones will make no difference... I say run them....

I ran them on my DD for years, but some people say I am not right in the head ;)

G

Gadzooks

measurements

ok...responding to my own thread...am I losing it? Does this make sense? If I measure the backspacing (put a board or something flat across the back and measure the distance to the bolt pattern) on the rims that fit, and subtract the back spacing on the A/R rims that didn't fit then i'll have the size of spacer that I need?

G

Gadzooks

yeah way too big for my application....thanks for the warning.

G

Gadzooks

Found what I need. Thanks for the input. Gotta sell all these extra rims now!