Tractor

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
I have a buddy with a white 4x4 tractor. How small and budget? I think its a 60hp diesel.

BLSXJ

60hp might be too big.... depends on condition, asking price and what attachments come with it. a FEL is on the short list. no loader no deal.

Ideally I'd love to find a 30 to 45hp 4wd with FEL, and Ag tires, in decent shape for ~10k.... Much higher I might as well put the money towards new @ 0%

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
[MENTION=62]Mlorint[/MENTION] - I know he mentioned he's hauling around tractors a lot, I'm guessing he knows someone.

BLSXJ

Use?
- Clearing snow off a 450ft long drive way ( 13,500 sg ft)
- pulling fire wood off 50 acres of forest
- developing/maintaining walking/atv wide trails on property
- possibly use around a future 4 stall horse barn

Mlorint

You would be fine with a 2wd. I have a 45hp kioti and it stays in 2wd unless I'm working in deep mud. Just look for one with a locker in it. A snow blower and box blade would be your best implements. If your out near arnprior you can come give mine a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLSXJ

thanks for all the the good advice, everyone.

I might take you up on that offer Mlorint. Is your a HST? or manual?

Can anyone explain to me the differnt PTO types? live, independant, etc?

BLSXJ

Looks like independent PTO is the way to go, Live is OK, but transmission wont be fun.

Tire question for you guys... Ag tires or Industrial? with ballast? use chains?

rikker001

I have Industrial Tires on mine no ballast no chains and no problems, but once again all depends on what you are using it for. I use an 8 ft scraper blade all year round which gives more than enough traction.

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
I have a hydraulic shuttle and manual shift. It works fine for me, but would definitely go with the HST for ease of use. If you aren't planning to cut/bale hay and are mostly doing snow/jobs that involve lots of direction changes don't go manual.