Update on my Sami

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Well I finally got started on the repairs. New rear axle bearings, brakes, wheel cylinders, and brake lines. Now it finally stops and the park brake works.
The problem now is the steering. The PO put a home made Z-link in and it handles like a sack of hammers, especially with frozen TSL's on it. My Question is which company makes a decent High-Steer kit for my Rig. I'm hoping this will make a difference in the handling. Also wondering if I should be looking to upgrade to power steering...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Jimbog

Club Member
Yea Breeze now have a full over the top with duel arms, I was talking to Sue a couple of weeks ago and she sent me all the info and pictures. it is not on there website yet. That file is on my computer at work ,I will try to post it tomorrow.

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Found more to be repaired

Jacked up the front end to check the kunckles. Found the right side has alot of play, driver's side is tight. Been looking around for rebuild kits -Any Suggestions Boys, the Trail tough kit looks ok. I was thinking about the TT mini spool for a traction boost.

The other thing I noticed is a little bend in a couple of the springs and the leaf packs seem to be sliding apart at the ends - guess it's time for new leafs too.

I better get on er if I want to get this rig to Suzican.

Cheers,

Jamie:beer:

S

SuziCrazy

Trail tough has all the above... Breeze is a great company to deal with also.

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Well got a whole Wack-O-Parts from Breeze and TT. Crosover steering, knuckle rebuild kit, hubs, springs, bushings, Stickers:flipoff:,etc. Going to tow it in to my dealership this week and start wrenching on it. Any ideas on what the specs are for the preload on the Birfs (ie fish scale pull). I'll try to remember to bring my camera too.

Thanks in advance for info and Happy St. Pattys Day:beer::beer:

Jamie

Buster

Club Member
Well got a whole Wack-O-Parts from Breeze and TT. Crosover steering, knuckle rebuild kit, hubs, springs, bushings, Stickers:flipoff:,etc. Going to tow it in to my dealership this week and start wrenching on it. Any ideas on what the specs are for the preload on the Birfs (ie fish scale pull). I'll try to remember to bring my camera too.

Thanks in advance for info and Happy St. Pattys Day:beer::beer:

Jamie

iF YOU DON'T MIND MY ASKING, WHAT DID YOU GET FOR SPRINGS???

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
The Springs are TT Bonz Eye leafs designed for sprung over applications.

The new springs are in and the R/F knuckle is rebuilt with the crossover steering arm attached. Going to try and get the L/F knuckle done this weekend and maybe finish the crossover steering.

Happy Easter:beer:

Jamie

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Cross over steering is done - just need to sweet talk the alignment tech here to set the toe. Both knuckles are now done and all the Stickers:) from the PO are now off. Next up is the 1.6 8v I'm buying from Leadfoot. Time to order more parts.

Any suggestions on longer flex hoses??

Cheers Jamie:beer:

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Rebuilt the Sami Axles. Toys will be a future upgrade to go with bigger tires as money allows:lmao:.

Buster

Club Member
Cross over steering is done - just need to sweet talk the alignment tech here to set the toe. Both knuckles are now done and all the Stickers:) from the PO are now off. Next up is the 1.6 8v I'm buying from Leadfoot. Time to order more parts.

Any suggestions on longer flex hoses??

Cheers Jamie:beer:

Sidekick front hoses work great. I think the right side is the one to use but ask them to check the boxes first. Left and right are different lengths.