Wanted: yj family style rollbar

D

dunny

I'm looking for a family style rollbar, preferably with the rear shoulder belts etc.

I plan to swap it in my 79 cj5 so I can use the shoulder strap with the kids seat.

O.D.

Club Member
Don't quote me on this but i am pretty certain you mean the family bar off a TJ as they were the ones who had the rear cage that extended out to past the passenger area. The YJ roll bar dropped down after the B pillar

R

Root Moose

I'm not sure if a family bar will fit in a fiver without some modification... It wouldn't be a big deal to section/shorted the rear overhead portion but if you aren't prepared for that...

D

dunny

Thanks root moose, been wondering about that and where the extra length is between the 5 and 7/yj. If they're the same in the back or not. I'm guessing that the extra 9.5" is in the front sear area, and hoping that the only mod requiredten would be subtracting from those front two bars to the windshield.

I found a setup too from a guy in rockland, will be grabbing it this week, will let you guys know how I make out.

Z

zuk4life

rollbar

call this guy he wil make you a new custom family style rollbar .his name in craig 613 913 3901