What's the best Jeep forum?

toytech

Club Member
I haven't checked out that site. What is the web address.. when i input ExPo I get all kinds of unrelated info. I am looking for a Jeep specific forum to ask some info regarding the build I'm starting.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I usually go to jeepforum. It isnt as hard core as pirate and a little more forgiving if you ask something stupid

toytech

Club Member
Thanks for the input. I checked out some stuff on Jeepforum and I think the info I'm looking for will be easy to find there. Can't wait to get this project finished so I can get wheeling with you guys.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
What's the issue?
There are a good number of knowledgeable people here.

It also helps dictate where to send you if we don't have answers. Even know what type of jeep would help (NAXJA vs JKowners, for example).

toytech

Club Member
Building an 89 YJ with a 94HO 4.0l.(Project is with my 15 and 12 year old boys) I was just looking to find out if I should grab a complete interior harness out of a fuel injected or if the harness in my 89 is compatible with just minor changes. I have the engine harness and ecu and fuel tank from the 4.0l but I wasn't sure if I would need the wiring to the fuel tank from a newer one. Hopefully I can get a build thread started soon.

Baja

Building an 89 YJ with a 94HO 4.0l.(Project is with my 15 and 12 year old boys) I was just looking to find out if I should grab a complete interior harness out of a fuel injected or if the harness in my 89 is compatible with just minor changes. I have the engine harness and ecu and fuel tank from the 4.0l but I wasn't sure if I would need the wiring to the fuel tank from a newer one. Hopefully I can get a build thread started soon.

Ive done this exact swap (but that was 6 years ago so its a little foggy). You do not need the interior harness at from the EFI at all. You Just need to match up the wires in the bulkhead connector. (The connector is in 2 pieces, half is for the engine (PCM) other is for lights/fans etc.) The one for the lights and everything are the same, plug and play. The engine one you will need to move a few wires around and then plug it in.

I still have all the wiring diagrams somewhere that I can get to you.

As for the wiring to the fuel tank i just ran a new wire throught a relay back to the PCM.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
As for the wiring to the fuel tank i just ran a new wire throught a relay back to the PCM.

Was just coming here to post this - you don't want the old fuel pump wiring anyway, just use the old trigger to engage the relay so you have good power to the pump.

toytech

Club Member
Thanks guys! I knew there was lots of knowledge available on here. Can't wait to meet everyone in person.