This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
According to their Facebook group, the dates for this year are:

First weekend in june 1-2.....july 27-28....& sept 28-29

Add it to your calendar ;)

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Looks like National 4wd will not be sponsoring/running this event this year. Not sure where that leaves it.

Jimbog

Club Member
Someone else will have to take over it or the obsticle course will not happen.
Is there any interest in OVO taking over the event?
I know Onne really likes to have it run, it is a big crowd gatherer.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Yah, Saw that on their facebook page. That sucks :(

Any interest? Where would the prize money and money for Trophy's come from?

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I think if the club was interested in running it could be a good thing, i would say that perhaps the prize amounts would probably have to change at least enough for the club to possibly make a profit.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Any reason given as to why National backed out? And are any members willing to volunteer to run the event? I'd say that if there is a firm commitment from folks to show up and run the event, the club kicking some money up shouldn't be a problem. As said, though, the prize money may need to change to keep it at least a break-even event for the year.

Jimbog

Club Member
When Jim and I ran it for 8 yrs plus, the only money we had to work with was entry fee money from people competing. Only the last event, of the last year did run it we recieve prize money from Onne. And we figure it was because we told him we were not going to run the event anymore. So you should be able to hit him up for some prize money.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Alright this is for all of you that are not club members and so have not seen what we have been discussing as to where we are going with this.
Now especially for all you regular forum members that for whatever reason have not been able to join OVO here is something that if you could help the club out then I will tell you this counts as the meetings that are impossible for some of you to come too.

Hey guys and gals, OVO is looking to keep this event alive. This is the only major offroad competition in Eastern Ontario which is not just driving around in mud. This is also not about our club or your club or their club. It is about like minded people who like to wheel their rigs regardless of whether it is stock or well..... not even close to that anymore. It is about going out and having some fun in a friendly competition. Also for any of you that had heard what a gong show it used to be with the drinking and driving and stupidity I will let you know although it wasn't perfect last year the management are continously working to make this a better event and we did not experience any of that in our area. One really nice thing is that we are entirely on the other side of the park away from the idiots and had a nice quiet area to camp and stage our rigs.

We are aiming to make the under 35" class (maybe even a 32" and under if we can get enough participants and sponsorship) not so ridiculous that 75% of them can't even finish the course. We want to make a course that 85%+ can finish and the winners will be determined by you and your spotters technical skill to stay within the flags and of course there will be bonus obstacles for those that dare which will be aimed to bump you ahead or take you out all together. We are also looking to also make the larger truck/buggy classes something a lot more interesting with an enlarged rock garden which is where the modified rigs tend to be more fun to watch.

That being said as in everything else it takes people to run these things and especially for this one as it a commitment for 3 weekends with competitions both Saturday and Sunday. This is why I am here not just inviting you all to come whether it is to watch or participate but also asking for volunteers. We need spotters for each of the days on the three weekends of June 1-2.....July 27-28....& Sept 28-29. For those of you that went last year and saw the tremendous job that National 4wd did you probably also noticed how hard they worked with just 3 people running around the course doing all the spotting and scoring. If you some of you can just volunteer to spot for one day (or of course more) for 6 hours of each day that would make this event run. And to let you know this requires no "offroad prowess" but simply the ability to make sure competitors stay in the course and notice when they run over flags. To recap you have to be able to run around the course and yell "Flag!!" and "Out of bounds!!" or even "Reversed!!"

Thanks
Dwayne

Last edited:

stinky rat

will try to compete and also help any way I can for the September one and maybe August also. I Will let you know asap. im currently away for work.

can't wait to see you guys.

jp

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Yes OVO has agreed to do all 3 events to keep this alive so that we have a fun and interesting competition in eastern Ontario.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
pulled this off their site...

Park admission is $40.00/each for the entire weekend with $20.00 reimbursement at the gate should you leave by 9PM Saturday evening.
Camping is $10 each for the weekend.
Children under 12 are free

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I talked to Onnee today. For competitors it $20 per day and they are billing $40 in advance as they had too many of the yahoos saying that they were only there for one day and then staying all weekend.
Also for non competitors/volunteers it is $10 per person for the weekend for camping.
For those that are competing or volunteering and camping in our area (and they will be checking) it is still the $10 for the whole weekend for camping, not per person.
If you are volunteering then your gate is free for the weekend.
You still have to pay $20 per day to enter the competition regardless of whether you volunteer or not.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Sweet, though I think that guy has a crush on your truck :flipoff:

Ok who has the "Spring Fever Bin" with cones, stopwatches etc. I need it ASAP please. Do we have a megaphone available to us?