1993 Toyota 4Runner 2LT Diesel

R

RedForester

Hey Guys, posting this here incase anyone is interested.

I am selling a 1993 Toyota 4Runner that has a swapped in 1985 2LT Toyota Turbo diesel engine. Currently the truck does not run, the engine has seized. But this truck is well set up and other then the engine everything else works great. The truck has been completely converted to diesel so if you want to put another 2LT engine in, you won't need as much parts.

Some information about the vehicle:

Comes with 3 sets of tires and 2 sets...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
D

Dirk

DOH...3 Months ago would have been an easy decission for me. Just built my diesel Toy.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Do you know what exactly is with the engine? Seized = not turning the crank with wrench on it? or just not turning by the starter? Might be a easy fix for some of us. Done some in the past.

R

RedForester

Do you know what exactly is with the engine? Seized = not turning the crank with wrench on it? or just not turning by the starter? Might be a easy fix for some of us. Done some in the past.
Well for whats its worth I can explain the story behind the engine failure, and that might give you some insight.

The turbo cracked because of inproper cool down time, and since it was an older oil cooled turbo, spit oil all over the place, eventually causing me to run really low on oil. It sort of konked out one night, I refilled the oil, everything seemed fine, ran fine for about half a day then some whirring, then a bang. It was able to turn over a couple more times after the bang, but I hadn't done anything with it since it stopped working in march, and just tried to start it last month with some fresh batteries and it stuck. This was all done by starter, never tried with wrench.

Hope that information helps. It comes with tons of spare parts including an extra transmission.

Last edited:
S

Steve B

This Truck is sold!!

My new project,,,maybe i'll make it an F150/4Runner,lol,,,

Steve B

S

Steve B

Nah that wouldn't be any fun, i'd have to take the bypasses and that's not why I spend all the money on it,,,it will be hopefully better than the Ford once I get it built.

Steve B