1997 1 Ton TJ...

A

armybuck041

**UPDATED 16 JULY 08 TO REFLECT NEW WORK DONE**

Hi guys,

I've got my Rig up for sale as I just don't have the time for it anymore.

Located in Trenton currently stored.

Details:

- 1997 TJ Sahara 250,000kms. (I'm the original owner)
- Paint is Krylon Enamel Dark Blue.
- Tub was replaced with a fresh 1998 Tub that has been Crown Sprayed over the years. Floor done in Tremclad Flat Black.
- Frame totally redone from the Firewall back, sanded, reinforced and shot with 3 coats of Tremclad.
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Goddamn!

Nice rig Scotty...and that's a hell of a deal for someone.

Paging Trevor...Oh Trevor...this is your answer - you'll be sooooo many hours and $$ ahead....

A

armybuck041

Goddamn!

Nice rig Scotty...and that's a hell of a deal for someone.

Paging Trevor...Oh Trevor...this is your answer - you'll be sooooo many hours and $$ ahead....

Comes with Billa Vista Ring and Pinion in the Dana 60....

That in itself commands an offer :D

A

armybuck041

Consider this at least $15K worth of excellent parts with a Jeep attached to them.

A

armybuck041

PM me for payment plan options... I'm pretty flexible and there are always options.

A

armybuck041

I vote Divorce as well....... Much easier that way.

Its brought us to the brink a number of times. Theres a reason why the 5.38 Gears never got installed :D My wife is jumping for joy with this sale.

Little does she know how much coin can be blown restoring an old army jeep :)

Gonna remind you though. The price is firm. I just spent 4 hours on the road with it today, and it reminded me of why 10K is flat out theft on the buyers part. A 4 Hour Hwy Trip on 1 Tons with 40"s, without a care in the world costs money :)

Last edited:
A

armybuck041

Everything is on hold for a bit fellas...

It turns out that my Army Jeep Supplier is interested in my TJ for a possible trade. In my eyes this would be the best case scenario, as he has everything I need to get started building some old Army iron, and it makes it a drop off/pick up scenario which is ideal for me.

If it doesn't work out, i'll post an update, and email the interested parties.

Thanks

Scotty

A

armybuck041

Rig is still for sale....

Basically, its Cash versus Trade... ie, if I get cash before the Trade meeting, then i'll sell it. It sounds to me it'll never see trail again if it goes to the Army Jeep Guy.

Anyway... Update:

Went to repair some rust on the Tub, long story short, small patch of rust became bigger when I went to work exposing it. Tub got cut up and tossed and a nice very clean replacement Tub was found. While the Tub is off, I completely cleaned up the Frame, put in a small patch and gave it 4 coats of Tremclad Flat Black.

The new Tub is Dark Blue. I will most likely just Rattle Can the Hood, Fenders and Windshield Frame Black in the mean time so its not 3 colors :) Unless I can convince Blueguy to swap me for his Dark Blue Stuff :D

Asking $11000 now with the rust free digs.

Just a warning, although this thing has a clear title, your gonna need a fairly cool mechanic to inspect it as it does have a few questionable points depending on the shop. Windshield is very cracked. Around here a 24 of Coors light will usually get you past this, but i'm moving down to the Trenton area next week, so the onus for safety is on the buyer. PM me for specifics if your interested.

A

armybuck041

Still for sale..

First Post updated to reflect changes.

Lump Sum Cash payment only at this point.

A

armybuck041

Good Luck Scott!!

:beer:

No friggin luck.... :)

No funds or pick-up date yet from prospective buyer....

Somebody give me a reasonable offer on it. I'm sitting on 2 Army Jeeps now even though there was the "Condition" of selling my TJ. Neither Wife nor Credit Card are pleased :(

There is some wiggle room guys. Shoot me an offer and we'll go from there.

Scotty

Last edited: