a lil trouble over the weekend lol

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
The goal is to educate everyone reading this thread (even those not posting) and any one new to the sport/hobby that might look through here in the future. No one but Rubi knows the whole story, but we want to point out that some ways of thinking aren't going to help the hobby grow, and could lead to trail closures.

Now can Rubi run that road allowance all he wants? Sure, even now he can head out and go nuts. Might there be consequences such as it being closed to public use and ticketing done in the future? That might be the consequence of going out now. No one is saying don't enjoy the trails, just that as a general rule of thumb it's a good idea to wait until May 1st for the ground to dry up. It can be hard having patience with the weather we've been enjoying lately though.

I hope to see all sides of this thread out on the trail this summer.

T

troy0873

I agree with you 100%, but not everyone is all about rocks. For someone that loves the mud waiting for eveything to dry up kinda defeats the whole idea. Now with that said i dont do mud that much anymore, but if we are out and there is a mud hole i'm definatly not going around it.

Just my 2 cents

07RUBI

even if i wait after may first and rains after the road will be exactly the same maybe even worst cuz the farmers are the one making the road like crap = more fun for us i can go back this weekend to take pic of the road and the hole i got in just to justify my story lol

+

W

whateverworks

It's not about justifying a story...
As said before...
If you want to run mud...

DO IT ON PRIVATE PROPERTY

(With permission from the land owner of course)

Kelly

W

whateverworks

I agree with you 100%, but not everyone is all about rocks. For someone that loves the mud waiting for eveything to dry up kinda defeats the whole idea. Now with that said i dont do mud that much anymore, but if we are out and there is a mud hole i'm definatly not going around it.

Just my 2 cents

There is also a difference between getting through the mud to get the obstacle on the other side... But tearing it up because it is there is a different story...
No we are not all rock crawlers... But we do have to respect the trails and roads (unassumed or not) where we wheel...
We have to share these roads and trails with farmers who need to access there land to cultivate the foods we eat... we need to share with ski-doos... we need to share with quads/dirt bikes/sidexsides and people who walk and ride horses as well.
That being said... these people are watching us... wether they are the good apple or the bad.
And we best start leaving a good impression with everyone we need to share our trails with so that we do not lose them to the so-called... "Drunken Reed-Neck With The Big Tires On His Truck" negative stereo type.
Yes that still goes on unfortunately... and years of effort has been put in to desolve that stereo type...
Even if you mean well to take the trail to mom n dads house cause it's a neet way to go we as 4x4 enthusiasts need to have concern no matter what.
Or we lose our trails... and we look like the kids racing the streets in Honda's as a negative... (Even though some honda kids are ok)
Kelly

F

fierodough

Good grief you guys like drama... Everyone take a run at the soap box as soon as they see the opportunity. Do you realize that people find these threads with search engines? You are actually attracting attention to the very thing you are trying to avoid. Stop openly bashing people. If you think someone is out of line or did something that is against the club’s rules etc.. take care of it in a PM and get the full story. I got reamed on by the same people here for putting a snorkel on my truck and wanting to make it capable of going through deep water... I’m a bad guy but amphibious buses can drive up and down (and sink!) in the Ottawa river... ok there!

I wish you guys can just help each other out and offer constructive advice instead of just jumping on the first potential mistake someone makes or suggests.

Anyhow, my two cents...

W

whateverworks

We are not bashing anyone... We are educating...
And this is constructive advice
Kelly

07RUBI

I just called benson and at my garage price cuz i work at a dealer and there askinf 23$ lol times 5 lol

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Kevin should be able to do better, but don't hold me to that. Unless there has been a significant price increase, Kevin hooked me up way under that (but I also had a big order). I want to say in the $11-$13 range for gear oil, but pricing does depend on weight and viscosity.

I just called benson and at my garage price cuz i work at a dealer and there askinf 23$ lol times 5 lol

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
To further elaborate, fierodough on why we are posting this, lets assume you were one of the greenies who is looking for the evidence of someone tearing shit up (trust me they are out there itching for a reason to shut down all of the trails to 4x4s and I can guarantee they have been reading this thread (hi hippie!)) if all we did was PM, what impression are they going to get, all they will see is somebody who got stuck and in their mind was ripping it up while waiting for seal-clubbing season to start. By posting we are providing the proof that this club values Tread Lightly and its ideals and that our intent is not to ruin the trails (we won't talk about how much damage atvs, quads and even horses do to trails because no one cares). Also as Kunker said there are people out there who do not know how tenuous access to these trails are, in the last couple of years several locally and quite a few in the US have been shut down. We need to be on our best behavior before during and after the season so we can keep the trails. It only takes one (1!) bad apple to ruin it for everyone. Mud Lite has done a lot to keep the trails open by going to meetings involving local municipal and provincial staff to ensure they are aware that it is taken seriously. You can talk to EOTB and OJC and I am sure they would take the same stance.

On topic, sucks about the power steering fluid but definitely talk to Kevin about getting your fluids, I am sure he can give you a good price.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Man, with all the praise it pains me to say that I'm out of the oil business - just too busy with other stuff. If you don't mind a trip to Ogdensburg, I recommend Dirk at 4x4oil.com for Amsoil needs.

M

mudturtle

all i no is there are certain places that ive been going to for 20 years now and ive never heard of any1 complaing about being there,,,ive been out 5 or 6 times aready since the snow melted,,but at the same time use your head a bit and dont tear up the trails that the clubs use as they can be shut done,,plain and simple,,i dont go on the clubs trails till they say its ok,,i have other trails i use till then,,hope every1 has a safe and fun time this year

K

Kyle TJ

all i no is there are certain places that ive been going to for 20 years now and ive never heard of any1 complaing about being there,,,ive been out 5 or 6 times aready since the snow melted,,but at the same time use your head a bit and dont tear up the trails that the clubs use as they can be shut done,,plain and simple,,i dont go on the clubs trails till they say its ok,,i have other trails i use till then,,hope every1 has a safe and fun time this year

Perfectly said.