another new guy

C

cwangell

i've already posted up in the introductions thread but figured it wouldn't hurt to post here as well.

i'm Chris Angell.
from carleton place but just moved to perth like a week ago.
drive a 2009 jk x, i've had it for 2 years now and looking to get a little more serious.
i wouldn't exactly call my self a new comer to the sport, but definitely not a seasoned vet either. most of my experience comes from the atv world.
that being said i have hit a few trails around here as i've found them.
i've...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Andries

Club Member
i'd love to make it out on some runs with everyone but alas, for some reason the sport x package didn't come equipped with any tow points front or rear so i will have to look into that first as i understand that they are mandatory for any organised run.
Chris Angell

Never realized the Sport X didn't have those two hooks on the top of the front bumper or the loop on driver side rear corner. Either way, for the back tow point it's as easy as putting a loop into a hitch receiver. If you don't have a hitch receiver yet, they are an easy bolt on addition and are fairly inexpensive. For the front you could go with a hitch receiver as well if you don't want to change bumpers, though I am not sure how hard it is to do. Then there also might be the option of getting a stock front bumper with the hooks, and possible the stock loop for the back corner. If this is the way you want to go, I might be able to help you out, since I have the stock parts off of my 2010 JK.

C

cwangell

i have the hitch reciever for the rear so i'm halfway there i guess.
as far as switching out the front bumbers, the bumper you have with the hooks is that just a straight bolt on? and how much would you want for it?

Andries

Club Member
i have the hitch reciever for the rear so i'm halfway there i guess.
as far as switching out the front bumbers, the bumper you have with the hooks is that just a straight bolt on? and how much would you want for it?
As far as I know, there us no difference in the mounts from 2009 to 2010. So it should bolt right on. As far as how much, not sure what they are worth but right now it's just taking up space.

C

cwangell

well think on a price that you're comfortable with and let me know.

Andries

Club Member
Well... I live in Finch, work in Ottawa, and will be at the Gorge run on the 16th.

Last edited:
C

cwangell

Well... I live in Finch, work in Ottawa, and will be at the Gorge run on the 16th.

I might be able to work something out for friday afternoon.
where abouts in ottawa do you work?
you can hit me with a private message with that if you'd like.

Andries

Club Member
I work all over the city. Either driving one of the sewer trucks, or doing hydrant inspections. But depending on what time you are going to be in town, I might be able to drop it off at a buddy's store.

Andries

Club Member
I should be back at the shop by then. The shop is at 2600 edinburgh, just off the 417 between innes and walkley. If you give me a call when you get close I can give you directions. Number is 613 223 1358.

Andries

Club Member
Hmmm, if I can't make it back in time, the bumper will be at 'no limits' on 2684 fenton.
Give me a call when you getc close. 613-223-1358 or 613-898-2606.

Last edited: