Anybody here with a 86-95 toyota that has a low SFA swap? 3" and lower?

Djtc

I'm thinking of doing an SAS on my 90 Pickup but I want to stick with my 33'' tires and stay as low as possible. Anybody running a low sas Toyota (4runner or pickup) with pictures?

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I think the lowest you could go with off the shelf stuff would be 4" (3" Springs and the hanger adds an inch)

If you made your own spring packs (combo of rears and front leafs is popular) you could do it though. Should be lots of builds on Pirate4x4 with pics.

Mine was 4" springs with the hanger and it was way to tall. It made the 36's look small.

Djtc

I think the lowest you could go with off the shelf stuff would be 4" (3" Springs and the hanger adds an inch)

If you made your own spring packs (combo of rears and front leafs is popular) you could do it though. Should be lots of builds on Pirate4x4 with pics.

Mine was 4" springs with the hanger and it was way to tall. It made the 36's look small.

Ya I was looking through all the sas threads and the trail gear 3" jacks it up high!

I was thinking of maybe removing a leaf or two and drill the shackles to a closer eye to eye position. But then I heard there may be problems with the high steer clearance.

This guy used the TG kit but used the stock shackles and got some leafs made up at a blacksmith (3 pack)!He is using 33'' tires on there.

I'm not looking for crazy flex , just something that is strong and that I can depend on since I'll be driving 12,000km with the truck this summer in remote places.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
We have a club member at Malmberg's (they make custom leafs) - You could try that route.

badcompany

Club Member
that's a 95' runner with stock yj leafs in front and stock 1/2 ton chev. rears. with 35's
im pretty sure you cant go lower than that with spring over axles.
good luck anyway.
post pics lets see how it turns out

IMG_6628.JPG

ToyTaco

I used the TG hanger kit, with a RUF six pack 48". Chevy 63's out back on my 85 xtra. I'm going to be 23" to the bottom of the frame on 36 iroc's with 3-4" up travel (hopefully). If your using an IFS frame there is alot less arch in the frame causing the lift to be like 2" higher (like the runner above) and less up travel then a S/A frame or 2wd conversion. Pirate is the place to go. If you cant find what your looking for use the google advanced search.

Djtc

Here is a comparison between the 3" Trail gear leafs and the custom "blacksmith" 3 pack leafs and stock 85 PU shackles. I sent a message to the guy that knows this "blacksmith" , hopefully he can set me up with a set.If not I'll check out malmberg or go with the 2" OME 84-85 PU front leafs.

Not too crazy but better than the ifs!

ToyTaco

I would just use a stock rear set of 48"ers from 79-88. looks pretty much the same has the "blacksmith" and like 40 bucks. if you need more lift add another leaf.

Djtc

I'll take a look at those. I want to be as low as I can with the solid axle and run 33x10.5x15 km2 tires.

The TG leafs are 47" if I remember correctly. Apparently those custom blacksmith leafs have the pin placed in a specific spot so there is no contact with the high steer.

Djtc

OME leafs for a 84-95 PU part number CS009FB with stock shackles +TG kit looks like the recipe for me. Found a truck with one and its probably 2"-3" max above stock.