body mount kit

J

Joust

can anybody recommend a place to get a body mount kit for a 1st gen 4runner?
the original rubber things have fallen apart.

M

Morley

can anybody recommend a place to get a body mount kit for a 1st gen 4runner?
the original rubber things have fallen apart.

I've called the dealer before to replace just one of the rubbers, not the mount and bolt assembly itself, and they wanted 90$ for one of the rubbers alone :eek:

I ended up fabbing up a mount out of stuff from the junk pile in the back of the garage and it worked out great.

All you really need is some long bolts with the nuts, then cut out some disc shaped plate and then you need to find the rubber from something else.
Maybe a wrecking yard from another vehicle, or perhaps a shop like Canus Plastics on Lisgar may be able to help you out.

300 Lisgar St
Ottawa, ON , K2P 0E2
Phone: 613-232-2657

J

Joust

BTW, Body lifts are :rainbow::flipoff:
is that good or bad???
I don't want to lift my body. just put new mounts because the old ones are all split and ugly looking.
should they be soft or hard? if they are hard, hockey pucks will work well for me.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
is that good or bad???
I don't want to lift my body. just put new mounts because the old ones are all split and ugly looking.
should they be soft or hard? if they are hard, hockey pucks will work well for me.

Ah, thought you wanted to lift it.. Give Keith a call, Hockey pucks wont work for that (And they should not be used for anything other than hockey anyway) LOL