Building Driveshafts

O.D.

Club Member
It appears i chose the wrong yokes while ordering my atlas as i cannot setup CV driveshafts with my current components. I don't know why originally, but i ordered the ATLAS with 1350 Non-CV yokes. Now, in preparing to have driveshafts made, i need something different. I was perusing the AA website and came upon these:

http://www.advanceadapters.com/products/a1350cv--32-spl1350cv-yoke-assy/

http://www.advanceadapters.com/products/af1300--flange-yoke-1310-1350cv-non/...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I am going to have to convert my TC side of my rear shaft over to flange once I get the new Novak output. They mention the specific Spicer parts I need:

• 1310 Standard U-joint - Spicer #2-2-939
  • 1310 CV joint - Spicer #211229X
  • 1350 Standard U-joint - Spicer #3-2-1619
  • 1350 CV Joint - Spicer #212024X

For me it would 211229X, I think for you it would be 212024X.
What I would like to know is what the definitive line is between requiring a Flange and not. Like could I just replace with a normal yoke? If not, why not.

Last edited:

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I'm still using 1330 yokes and 1330 CVs on the upper part of my drive shafts (1350s at the axle yokes) and have never had a problem with them

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
My axle side was converted to flange using a flange adapter when I did the 8.8 all that remains is the Yoke that went on when I did the SYE.

O.D.

Club Member
I'm still using 1330 yokes and 1330 CVs on the upper part of my drive shafts (1350s at the axle yokes) and have never had a problem with them

Prob i have is that i ordered non-CV yokes on the ATLAS. From what i have been told, i need CV yokes to run a CV driveshaft. I just don't know if i should go flanges or not.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
the guys I've talked to that run flanges prefer them, not sure if they are stronger or not - I used to think they were easier to pull your driveshafts until I helped JP pull his shafts out - not faster at all.