Cherokee Lift Install & Tires

T

TMR

Can anyone recommend a shop near Manotick that would be able to install a lift kit i just ordered? it's a Daystar 2" lift on a 2010 Grand Cherokee. From what i understand it's a pretty basic install, not for me but a mechanic.

Nick @ climb4wd ordered me some wheels so those are going on after with some tires 245/70R17 (Bf Goodrich All Terrain or Goodyear Wranglers if anyone has thoughts on those?)

thanks

R

Regimental

Hey TMR, just a basic coil spring spacer lift or a coil replacement lift? Either one is a simple do it in the driveway deal. If you want a hand to do it, let me know and you can pop over to the shop (Winchester) and we can install them.

Reg

T

TMR

Hey TMR, just a basic coil spring spacer lift or a coil replacement lift? Either one is a simple do it in the driveway deal. If you want a hand to do it, let me know and you can pop over to the shop (Winchester) and we can install them.

Reg

Reg - your question about the coils I'm honestly not sure. I just know that I was advised I didn't need shocks and could just get this basic kit so whatever it comes with.

that would be great if you could help wit hthe install thanks for the offer. I'm hoping everything is here within 2-3 weeks and can give you a call around then. what's the best way to contact you or your shop #?

R

Running Free

If you still want a shop to do it, call James at Shamus Customz. 613-821-3640. His shop is located on hwy 31(Bank) between Greely and Metcalfe.

J33P

I did a 2" RC lift on my 2010 WK. The rear is easy, it's like every TJ I have worked on. Cheap set of spring compressors helped me also. The fronts were a bit more challenging as you have to remove the strut completely.

Why run 245/70R17 ? I run 265/70R17's. Or you can run the 255/75R17 like the JK comes with... I run the BFG AT's , I made the mistake of getting Load range E, instead of C, It's a daily driver for me so I should have went with the "cushier" tires. The WJ have the E rated ones and it didn't ride that rough. I am sure the tires will last a very long time, but I am looking forward tochanging them sooner rather then later. I also run the AEV Pintler wheels for clearance.

T

TMR

Why run 245/70R17 ? I run 265/70R17's. Or you can run the 255/75R17 like the JK comes with... I also run the AEV Pintler wheels for clearance.

again, 245s were suggested and I've ordered the same Pintler wheels. You don't have any issues with the 265s, rubbing, sticking out?