Chevy Tracker on York?

D

DoctorPhate

Anyone know who owns the black Chevy tracker on York street. I just saw it on my way to work. It was covered in mud. It still had the IFS but was lifted and had probably 33inch tires but they were narrow tires.

Looked pretty good. I live just a block from there.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I believe his name is Brian. Comes out with the club from time to time, but is not a member. I assume you mean newer Tracker, like 99-02 style.

D

DoctorPhate

LoL. Its rare that I dont puke at the sight of a tracker. but this one is obviously wheeled since it was covered to the roof in mud lol.

The IFS made me gag a bit though... lol

bzzr2

ya that's my ifs junk..! i work on king edward so am parked there often. gotta get my ass out wheeling with you guys, haven't been doing much real wheeling this year, just putting around when i want to go camping..

D

DoctorPhate

atleast you admit the IFS is junk lol. You may see my Black 98 cherokee around. I park on Friel though and live on Clarence.. stupid CLV group and no parking at my building. I would deffinately wave to that thing.

I imagine you get about as many waves as i do though(about zero..)

bzzr2

that IFS has been under manufacturers warranty until now though, so that's been alright! except that's coming to an end any day now, wish i'd bought bigger tires..

sorry about the wave problem you're having with your jeep, must be a jeep thing!!

hope to see you on some trails soon, as the summer winds down I hope to get more wheeling done.

D

DoctorPhate

I decided to give wheeling a break until winter. My jeep needs a ujoint, axle seals and tow hooks before I go out again so I'm going to take care of that and most likely it will be done around October November time frame. Then I guess I'll be doing some winter wheeling.

That would be a Cherokee thing since "real jeep" drivers would freeze their ass off out on the trails lol.

I'm going to pick up a 2 inch lift soon here to do at the same time that I do the u joint and seals. I guess I might change the oil too.. sigh. lol

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
atleast you admit the IFS is junk lol. You may see my Black 98 cherokee around. I park on Friel though and live on Clarence.. stupid CLV group and no parking at my building. I would deffinately wave to that thing.

I imagine you get about as many waves as i do though(about zero..)

What's your thought on Frame Vs Uni-body? :flipoff::stir::stir:

bzzr2

my mom had a station wagon that was unibody once.

i like the little comment or whatever you would call it : this thread is rainbow... LOL

i'd stray away from making fun of zuks with a stock heep wagon though....

hope to find a builder that can fab up a solid axle setup for the front end, nothing crazy, still a DD, but something stronger and more capable.

done.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
hope to find a builder that can fab up a solid axle setup for the front end, nothing crazy, still a DD, but something stronger and more capable.

One word:

ZookLounge :beer: