Club sponsorship from my used car dealership?

• Thread starter Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ
  • Start date
P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

Hello,
Many of you know me from my years with the OJC in my 1TonTJ. I run a small used car dealership and buy cars and trucks for people at very low dealer only wholesale prices and charge $1000 for the service. I would like to offer a $100 discount to members of the OVO if I can use this as a place to find customers. Would the club be interested in that? What do I do to proceed?

Here is an example of the wholesale pricing on TJ's recently:
2006 TJ Rubicon with 43K for $14,400 (compare in...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
R

Root Moose

Awesome Phil.

When I get around to looking for a 2003 WJ I'll be giving you a call.

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

Awesome Phil.

When I get around to looking for a 2003 WJ I'll be giving you a call.

For your budgeting purposes, I just checked pricing. 2003 WJ with 4.7L V8 are between $2500 and $5500 wholesale depending on condition and mileage.

Let me know if I can help you out.

Phil

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

Question for Phil: These come safety, e-tested and ready to plate?

Usually that is the case, I would get it, and have it saftied and e-tested and then deliver it. I get them saftied (and any repairs needed for that) at RJ motors in Kanata (they give me a great discount) and just pass the cost to my customer. Basically you pay $900 over what I pay (usually $1000, but I will give a discount to ovo members if your club is interested).
But some of you fixer-upper handy guys could make arrangments to get it as-is if you like and work on it yourself.

The savings on $5000 cars though, might only be $1000. The savings on a $20,000 vehicle are usually $3000-$5000. So you definately save more on higher end stuff. I just saw a mint Ferrari 360 Modena sell for $47K. That will be in the trader in the spring for $80K I bet...

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

before Phil took over , I bought both my last two vehicles through Ken Wood in the same fasion. I was a little less descriptive in my list of choices. I told Ken I wanted to spend around 5-6 k , wanted a wagon, something that was good on gas. For the van, I said I wanted a van. He went to the Auction and called back with some choices. I am not too fussy about my cars. When people ask me what I drive, I say " it a green car".
QUOTE]

Oh, and yes - I am happy to work with you if you do not have something in mind. A lot of my customers are like that. Then we figure out what their needs are and I can suggest something that wil meet them. I have a very extensive knowledge of cars, trucks and SUV's - much like a lot of you do with Jeeps or trucks. Would you rather have an enthusiast shopping for your car, or a "regular dealer" - think of times when you have asked a regualr dealer a question, how's their car knowledge? ;-P

R

Root Moose

The savings on $5000 cars though, might only be $1000. The savings on a $20,000 vehicle are usually $3000-$5000. So you definately save more on higher end stuff. I just saw a mint Ferrari 360 Modena sell for $47K. That will be in the trader in the spring for $80K I bet...

Oh man, don't be telling me stuff like that or I'll have to sell the S2000 and get you to find me a Cayman S. LOL

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

Oh man, don't be telling me stuff like that or I'll have to sell the S2000 and get you to find me a Cayman S. LOL
Two Cayman S sold recently:
2007 manual with 77K for $34K
2006 manual with 87K for $29K

Let me know if I can help. I can get all brands. Lambo's, bentleys, ZR-1's, whatever. I have access to 4000 cars a week in the local area (montreal, otttawa,) and another 3000 in TO, and more in the US.

S2000 could be taken on trade too ;-)

R

Root Moose

Don't be telling me things like that! Such a screaming deal... so tempting... ;)

Acura RL? 2007-2008?

Acura NSX 1992-1994?

Last edited:
P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

Don't be telling me things like that! Such a screaming deal... so tempting... ;)

Acura RL? 2007-2008?

Acura NSX 1992-1994?

In the last 30 days a 2007 RL with 120K was $17,900 and a 2008 with 41K was $25,900

No NSX's in the last 30 days, around here. I founs two I can get for you from the US right now. 1997 with 47K miles for $41,500 and 1991 with 68K miles for $23,800.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Phil

R

Root Moose

Thanks Phil. I'm going to hold the course with the collection... WJ in the not too distant future followed by an NSX when I have the barn renos done and have somewhere to store it (out of dry, heated storage with what I have now - anyone able to store an XJ this winter?).

Thread is noted and I'll be in touch.

Thanks again.

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

Who wants free money?

Also - WHO WANTS FREE MONEY?
;D
I am having a promotion for the next 3 months. Know someone who would like a great deal on a car, truck or SUV? Send me a refferal customer who buys a car for my usual $1000 rate and you get $100 cash. Make sure they can tell me a phone number or email to contact you with to arrange your payment. I have lots of business cards if anyone wants them for this purpose, or send them to my (fairly basic for now) website at www.discountautolocator.ca

Thanks!

Phil

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

I have confirmed that I can do the appraisals on the over 20 year old vehicles too. Feel free to contact me if anyone needs one to transfer an ownership.

Phil

D

DoctorPhate

Any chance of a BMW 135 coming around? or 2006+ BMW 335

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

I see the 335's pretty often. 2007's have sold recently for $21K to $24K wholesale depending on mileage and condition. In the Xdrive the 2007 335Xi models are going for $22K to $25K. The 1 series is kind of rare. There is s 2008 135 convertible for sale right now on the dealer site with 6382km on it (like new) but it is expensive. They want $38K wholesale. Might be able to find a coupe for a lot less around here though. In the US I could get you a 2009 135 coupe with for $25K and up (there are lots of them for sale in the US). american 2007 335's start at$21,500.

Send me an email at phil@discountautolocator.ca if you would like more info.

Last edited:
D

DoctorPhate

I may give you a call this spring for one of those 335s since the 135s are more rare.

P

Phil_formerly_OJC_1TonTJ

Looking for a 95-99 mustang, automatic, soft top, v6 or v8

Not too many of the old ones like that, but if I can find one it would be about $2000-$3000 wholesale.

If you would like something newer: 2010 convertibe V6's start at about $19K, 2010 GT convertibles about $24K. 2008 v6 convertibles are $16K and up, 2008 GT's are $22K and up. 2006 v6 is $13K and v8 is $15K. They are common when that new.

The only older convertible recently was a 2002 GT with 87K on it for $8000. There was also a 1999 GT coupe for $2300. But the older ones are not as common, it might take a few weeks to find one. Newer ones can be delivered the same week you order usually. My Girlfriend really loves her 2010 V6 with leather and pony package. It is mint and had 23K on it for $23K.

Feel free to email me at phil@discountautolocator.ca if you want more info.

Thank you for considering purchasing a car from me,

Phil Jensen