Costco (Champion) Winches

M

Morley

Just an FYI,

I spoke to my local costco and they said that they have 10,000lbs Champion winches on order for early march, which will then be distributed into the Ottawa stores shortly afterwards... $399 complete with receiver cradle, roller fairlead...

Not sure on the durability/reliability, but can't rally go wrong for the price if you don't already have one... Think I might snatch one up myself.

Anyone have any feedback on these?

Regret selling my Warn last year with my truck :mad:

M

Morley

Thanks,

I had the M8000 on my last truck and it was a good machine... The only thing I didn't like about it (and this is not relevant to performance) is the external solonoids... I like the shiznit to be all in one package like the XDi etc.
Also pennies are getting low, too much recent spendage.. lol

Might just get the Champion for this yr and then sell and upgrade next yr... Well see...
Unless I can get my paws on a used W.

Personally I would spend the extra $200 and get a Warn:

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter...ct_info.php?manufacturers_id=3&products_id=58

Under $600 for a M8000 including free shipping to Ogdensburg!!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
No longer for sale? It was posted it on the 19th. If it is his...ME FIRST damnit. Maybe he doesn't want to sell it to a club member for a reason...

M

Morley

I already sent mitko a note and he told me he decided to keep it....
Seeing as there is an updated post however, not sure anymore?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I already sent mitko a note and he told me he decided to keep it....
Seeing as there is an updated post however, not sure anymore?

I'm a tard, post is from jan 20th. He's *still* keeping his.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
OK OK OK, relax all of you. Yes it is mine, I posted it for sale on few places but then change my mind and give up seling it. Everithing depends of what I will do with my front bumper - if I leave the stock bumper I would need a low profile winch and this one will go. If I go with custom build front bumper I will use this one.

Ahd talking about buppers - who can help me to build the custom front bupers - cuting a few pices of 1/4 and 3/8 steel plates.
this is what I want to do:

G

Gadzooks

OK OK OK, relax all of you. Yes it is mine, I posted it for sale on few places but then change my mind and give up seling it. Everithing depends of what I will do with my front bumper - if I leave the stock bumper I would need a low profile winch and this one will go. If I go with custom build front bumper I will use this one.

Ahd talking about buppers - who can help me to build the custom front bupers - cuting a few pices of 1/4 and 3/8 steel plates.
this is what I want to do:

Hmmm, that gives me a good idea for the front of my kick!

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
This is the unit I'm looking at possibly getting

http://www.warn.com/powerplant_hp.shtml
yes it is a good one, expencive too. But for my entire live I have never seen a really good multy functional tool - if you have a cell phone/camera/mp3 player/dvd burner/hair cutter in one usually you have s***ty reception, bad hair cut and so on. I might be a bit old school but for me the winch is for pulling you out of the pudding not for the tires, the cell phone is for talking and if you want pictures - there is a camera for. Just personal thoughts.

S

SuziCrazy

hahahhahaha well said... you think maybe I can link my cell phone?!? J/K ;)

S

SWest

Sure it does!!!

YES YES JD!!! Those are the extra options heres pic!!!

Last edited: