diff repair

Jimbog

Club Member
OK who in Ottawa can repair a 10 bolt rear axle? We bought the parts. Where is a good place to get them installed? Any one in the club able to do it for some extra cash? I can help. I can tear it down and clean it up, it's the set up that I can not be sure about doing. I have done a few Sidekick diffs for my buggy but this axle is a bit different.The shop in Embrum( Louiselle not sure of the spelling) told our son that the parts were worth $2000.00.What a crock!! New ring and pinion and...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Jim,

If you like you can bring it over to my place, I have all the tools and we can do it together.

If you still have the old bearings we can use them for setup bearings too.

Let me know.

Bill

Jimbog

Club Member
Thanks for the offer Bill, He is going to get it done at the shop that he took it too in Embrun, they are going to charge him $250.00. I just hope they know what the are doing,this is the garage that told him the parts would cost $2000.00. I hate garages when they try to take advantage of a kid or a woman, they figure they don't know any better. It happens to my wife alot also. I will take you up on the offer of helping me charge my rear S.A.W.S. It won't be long now. The front is all in and I have moved on to the rear.Not much to do on the rear. Just paint and a bit of welding to do that is easier to do with the axle on the work bench.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Watch out especially for the dealers in Embrun. Barb went to the Ford dealer about a tranny leak on her Exploder, they wanted to replace the whole trans and told her it was dangerous to drive it (to keep her truck there). She drove it out and went to a small garage where the guy replaced a seal for $35. It never had a problem after that.

When she was shopping for a Liberty, the Chrysler dealer wanter her to sign a contract before doing a search of cars at other dealer lots, to force her to buy whatever he found. He even stated the search would cost them money.

What a bunch of crooks, glad my wife isn't gullible, too bad she was too frustrated to file a complaint, or even try to press misrepresentation charges.

Oh, and there's a long story about the car rental place there, but I don't have time to type it all :stir:

Jimbog

Club Member
Thats why I am starting my kids out young, and teaching them a bit about automotive repair, My 10 year old daughter can identify the parts on my buggy already. So to all you parents out there,yes teach them the reading and the writing and the manners, but also teach them a little about automotive too. It is another way to spend quaility time with the kids,and it can be fun to. Not just for boys get the girls involved also. Donna had a siezed u-joint on her front driveshaft once and the garage tried to sell her a $1100.00 driveshaft, I picked it up at the garage, told them they were nuts took the drive shaft to Malmbergs and $150.00 later new ujoints installed!! That garage was also in Embrum, Redline Automotive. Maybe we should have a thread for stories like this,so other members can stay away from certain places. I have more stories also but enough for now.