Expedition Weekend 2017, July 28-30

Minion

Chainsaw tune up was done this weekend, brand new chain installed. Can't wait for this weekend!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I wonder if it's still on?
I'll let you know Friday. Or, better yet, will let you know if we are using a new start point, or an old start point, Friday. I'm heading out Thursday night to look at a place.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
OK, so who is in? We have a starting location!

For the adventurous type, here is your Friday destination:

45.017995, -76.602973

https://goo.gl/maps/G9QVg9YUx412

For those with a GPX capable device, there is a track from Hopetown attached...

And for those that need written instructions, here we go:
1. From the gas station in Hopetown, head North West (towards Calabogie) on Hwy 511 for about 400 meters, turn left on to Stewart Gibson Rd
2. Follow to the T and turn right
3. Follow the road around to the left and continue to the T at 2nd Concession Dalhousie
4. Turn left on to the 2nd Concession, follow approx 1KM
5. Turn right on to Sugar Bush Way
6. Follow approx 3KM
7. Make slight left on to Lodore Rd
8. Follow approx 5KM, turn right on to Umphersons Mill Rd
9. In approx 1.5KM, turn left on to Ranger Camp Rd (there is a small road sign in the trees on the right side indicating Ranger Camp Rd, don't miss it!)
10. Follow approx 5KM to our camp site.
11. When you cross the narrow part of the road between 2 lakes, you are close, just continue up the hill and we'll be setting up in the open area on the left.
https://goo.gl/maps/YyYAhbZVpRD2

Tom & Dawn, Adrian will reach out to you guys on Facebook about what to do with your truck & trailer.

PS: bring your bug hats, jackets, shelters and gallons of repellent. Whoa they are bad!

View attachment Hopetown_to_RangerCamp.gpx

Function > Form

Club Member
I'm out - I've got family things going on (oldest daughter started her first job, so have to stay in town)

Have a great time!

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
In case anyone hasn't figured out or, I'm RichardD000, i was using my Tapatalk username. This is also a test.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
If anyone wants to bring dry firewood I have lots at home. I'll bring whatever I can in the Jeep but it won't be much. Just PM me for my address.

Function > Form

Club Member
[PSA]

I'd recommend against carrying in your own firewood as it is a major pathway to transport invasive species (insects, bacteria, fungi, and even certain weeds) that could cause irreparable damage to our forests. The emerald ash borer, which is heavily present in the Ottawa area is a good example, but is not the only example around.

You cannot always tell what species is being moved accidentally in firewood. It is best to collect from where you are, or buy it locally.

[/PSA] sorry to be 'that guy' :)

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
[PSA]

I'd recommend against carrying in your own firewood as it is a major pathway to transport invasive species (insects, bacteria, fungi, and even certain weeds) that could cause irreparable damage to our forests. The emerald ash borer, which is heavily present in the Ottawa area is a good example, but is not the only example around.

You cannot always tell what species is being moved accidentally in firewood. It is best to collect from where you are, or buy it locally.

[/PSA] sorry to be 'that guy' :)
Agreed, and there is a ton of trashed wood in the 1st nights area as they are logging in there. Shouldn't be hard to locate wood the 1st night. (WAIT.....THAT'S TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!)

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
That's fine, I just thought all the wood in the forest would be wet.
I'm almost done packing.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk