FJ80/LX450 in Guelph

trixter192

Club Member
Seems like a really nice guy who takes really good care of his Land Cruisers.

The truck is my daily driver and gets used for the trip into our fishing/hunting camp 4 times a year. I just put BF's on it in the fall. Haven't had to change a head gasket in her yet. Just breaks, exhaust, plugs and synthetic fluids. I had the air conditioner repaired two years ago. I have all the mats for it in the garage and the two jump seats from the back. I never used them. I bought it with 115,000km's when it was 10 years old. I had a 70 series before that that I put 636,000km's on and it's still going with a friend of mine now owning it. He is over 700,000km now.
It has some rust on the rear lift gate. Started last November despite being rust checked each year. I got a quote last week for $400 cash to have the window pulled and the spots fixed and repainted.
The running boards have some rust on them and I've just painted over them with tremclad rust paint. They need to be pulled off and cleaned up and painted properly. Other than that there is just common surface rust on the frame.
Suspension is still firm but is sure could use a lift kit....My wife wouldn't let me do it as she drives it too and she's only 5'1" so she didn't want to have to jump up to get in.
Having a hard time deciding on if I want to let it go or not. Most people don't know what it really is. I'd get in it and drive to BC right now and not think twice about it and not worry about having something breaking down on it.
She's a beast in the snow as it's full time 4x4 and it has lockers for both front and rear. It was the best version at the time. Has Amsoil in everything and Castril GTX Synthetic in the engine. I've even thrown a bottle of slick 50 in every two years. That seemed to keep my 70 running for ever.
Both my boys have grown up and have their own Toyota's so it's mainly me driving it now and it's hard to justify keeping it as a daily driver. Thinking a small pk like a tacoma but not sure.

Djtc

Just got back from guatemala and found a similar lc80 with a 5speed! He wanted. 3000$ for it.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Just got back from guatemala and found a similar lc80 with a 5speed! He wanted. 3000$ for it.
With the transportation and all associated expenses the final price in Canada will exceed the price of this one in Guelph.

Djtc

But its a 5speed:) ! Im probably going back next year and shipping back 3 trucks (4dr diesel hilux, and two lhd diesel 5 speed lc80's) + they have no rust

98AT

Nice LX, looks like its been well cared for. Bad timing or I would email him, would love to upgrade from my 3rd Gen to an LX.