For a friend: Where to get a piece of powdercoated angle cut (table saw guide rails)

Function > Form

Club Member
Buddy of mine is modifying his table saw to accommodate a sliding sled (cool), but the manufacturer indicates that the powdercoated rails (angle at 3/16" approx thickness) should only be cut with a metal cutting bandsaw to preserve the finish. He doesn't know what kind of steel, but I assume it's pretty tough stuff...

Who could do this around the west end (barrhaven/Nepean)? It's only a chop crosswise.

thanks gents

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Buddy of mine is modifying his table saw to accommodate a sliding sled (cool), but the manufacturer indicates that the powdercoated rails (angle at 3/16" approx thickness) should only be cut with a metal cutting bandsaw to preserve the finish. He doesn't know what kind of steel, but I assume it's pretty tough stuff...

Who could do this around the west end (barrhaven/Nepean)? It's only a chop crosswise.

thanks gents
[MENTION=283]mucovich[/MENTION] - I think he has a horizontal bandsaw? Not sure if anyone else does in town though.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I've lent it out at the moment - I don't think it's the steel rather the powder coat finish, do you have a sawzall? that'll cut it and not add too much heat to the finish.

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks guys, I let him know the other options you've suggested here. In all honesty, he's hesitant to do anything other than the 'best' as the sliding table was $$$.
[MENTION=1709]smallville[/MENTION], I'll be in touch if he decides to drop by your shop - thanks!

Cheers