Front wheel well?

M

MadMax

I have a 2001 XJ and the fender liner was getting caught up on the tire everytime I turned the wheels so I ripped it all out haha! I sprayed the entire inside w rocker guard but noticed the huge area inside the fender by the door hinges! That's going to fill up w mud and affect the hinges;
Any suggestions for filling that gap w something other than mud?
I was thinking expanding foam:)

Thx

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Any suggestions for filling that gap w something other than mud?
I was thinking expanding foam:)

Thx

Any pics? I'm not an XJ guy. If you are serious about the foam, it's a horrible idea. I'd either cut up the old inner fender or a mudflap myself and hold it in place with some self tapping screws or rivets. Screws would at least have it removable for semi-annual cleaning.

brylade

Agreed. Spray foam is going to cause moisture to get trapped in there and you'll rust out in no time. You can buy mud flaps for transports pretty cheap and they should be large enough to cut to fit.

M

MadMax

I thought of that at first so maybe I'll give that a shot right now, just means taking off the wheels!
Thx

M

MadMax

I hacked up the fender liner and made it work all good now:) hopefully it'll hold out for Crag on Sunday!

M

MadMax

That would be awesome if you Thx:) I just reused the little plastic push in retainers hoping it'll hold up haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk