Full size trucks at spring fever

B

Big-Hoe

I'd like to go to spring fever, sounds great. Will a Tahoe with 35's and 6" lift fit the trails. She's pretty wide (8" thinner since we smashed the pass. mirror off on a tree). Not worried about scratches, but a heavy full size uses power more than finesse. Not the best for Ontario trails, I've come to learn :banghead:

98AT

I have a 1998 K1500 and Ive driven on those trails lots I"m up around Calabogie/Ompah most weekends.I dont see your Tahoe having a problem especially if you dont care about the paint,some of the trails are rough though for sure.

Have you done gears in your Tahoe or built your Transmission at all?A Tahoe with 35's and a 6" Lift,that 10 Bolt rear end is hating you bigtime especially if you havent re-geared at all.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
You'll have no problems on |Wabun, Quinn or the powerlines. Not sure I'd try and squeeze it through Crag Lake though, unless you have an extreme dislike for straight body panels.

B

Big-Hoe

I haven't changed gears yet, I am still searching for a good full floating axle. I don't want to re-gear that ten bolt. We grenaded the diff this winter, so bad in fact that the pin came out and the c-clip fell off. Came to a stop with my passenger wheel and axle about a foot and a half out of the housing. So I hear what you are saying about the gears, but I am a little scared of c-clips now. If that had happened on the highway....... Anyways, stuck another ten bolt in, $80 at kenny u-pull and I'll take it easy until a 14 bolt shows up. I know they are heavy and hang low, but to me safe is cooler than an extra 2" of clearance.

98AT

I have a 4" Lift on my K1500 with 35" tires and 3.73 gears.It was fine for the first few months and then the I started feeling it in the tranny,thought about re-gearing but I didnt feel like going through the hassle with the 10bolt and although I did have access to a 14bolt SF I didnt feel like swapping it over.I decided to go back down to a 32x11x15 and it made a huge difference.