Gorge run June 23rd (NOT the 17th)

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
UPDATE: Gorge Run on Saturday June 23
Meeting spot is usual location on Mervin Lane in Burnstown leaving at 10AM.
Let me know if going.

Last edited:

Function > Form

Club Member
I'll have to pass on this guys, have fun. Family coming into town and my power steering is leaking like crazy anyhow.

toytech

Club Member
Planning on coming out. Trying to convince a couple of work buddies to join.

toytech

Club Member
Are we still good for 10 tomorrow?
Looks like it should be my Jeep and a buddy with his 4Runner. Anyone else in?

toytech

Club Member
Just a heads up. I see on 613 jeeps there are a few coming down from Petawawa tomorrow to run the gorge.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I went on FB and saw that. The way the guy talks it isn't that many. Did we want to meet earlier than 10?
I posted asking what time they are planning to be there
I suspect they may be there around 10.
Want to move it up to 930 leaving. If it ends up being a big group, I would like to move it up so we don't get stuck behind them.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Ok, they are right now 6 Jeeps and should be there around 10.
Will keep the time as leaving at 10 and if we are all there before we can get going early

Last edited:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Relatively uneventful run except I need to adjust the linkage for the rear. I was finding the first obstacle surprisingly difficult until I realized I did it in 2 lo front. It would go 4 hi but would grind going in the rear in low. So did the trail in a mix of 2 and 4 hi

toytech

Club Member
Thanks for leading this run! Too bad that the stock truck was a little too stock. We all had fun.;)
Now that you have seen my heep in action are there any other trails you would recommend for me to try?
Did you guys get caught up with the 613 guys?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Thanks for leading this run! Too bad that the stock truck was a little too stock. We all had fun.;)
Now that you have seen my heep in action are there any other trails you would recommend for me to try?
Did you guys get caught up with the 613 guys?

We don't blame him for being hesitant, looked like he had driven it from the dealers floor straight to the trail. It has definitely got less stock friendly since the last time I ran it a couple years back.

I think you should be good for Lavant (some spots you may have to work it :) ) and Carp. Crag may be a bit much especially after the lunch spot. Definitely a very clean YJ!

We met up with the others on the way back, we went to the end and back and they were just leaving the lunch spot heading toward the end.