Gorge Run-Sun. the 25th

Baja

I am thinking about taking a run through the Gorge on Sat. I know Matt just ran there but I havent ran it yet this year. If there is enough intrest I will post it in the public fourm.

So anyone interseted?

Scott

Baja

So it was just Dwayne and I yesterday. It was a good day, spent lots of time playing on things. Beat on the trucks pretty hard with a couple full throttle assults. Got to try out my winch by winching myself up "the gorge". I bent my draglink again, right beside where I sleeved it but it went strait back this time and the diff pushed it back out. Dwayne F'd up his rear leafs pretty bad, I can see a one link in the very near future. All in all a good day.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Yeah it was a really good day, some cool factor because although the trail was wetter than in April and June alot of the rocks on the climbs were really dry and sticky and instead of having to bump some of the things we were actually doing some real nice crawling. Now that we have most of our "harder" obstacles established I have been noticing some that would be very good for stock to modified :heep: and there are some buggy lines there that somebody needs to come establish :D.
So the next time the Gorge is posted hopefully we will see a few more trucks.

Dwayne

O.D.

Club Member

Attachments

• ThisThreadIsWort&#104.jpg
    ThisThreadIsWort&#104.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I bent my draglink again, right beside where I sleeved it but it went strait back this time and the diff pushed it back out.

Any reason why you didn't sleeve the entire dl the first time? Is it a bent/curved design?

Baja

Is it a bent/curved design?

It is now lol.

No the reason I didnt sleeve the whole thing is because I happen to have a chunk of tube in my garage but it just wasnt long enough. I am making a new one out of 1.5 .250 DOM. If I bend that I probably have bigger problems. And just to clerify, i run highsteer and it is above my leafs so it is not bending from getting hit, it is bending from stress.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Cool...I kinda figured that was the case. It'll be interesting to see what that stress will do to the steering box mount when the link is beefed up.