Build Heep 2.0

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
So after wheeling the YJ for a year, I decided I wanted to try something a little different. The Blazer and YJ were both leaf springs, so why not try build a TJ. The YJ was mainly built by previous owners. I did a few thinks but it was still mainly someone else's build. So I went out and found myself a fairly clean 1998 TJ 2.5L.
14292383_10154072615734296_6699418916092142687_n.jpg

As you can see the previous owner started to part it out. So I got a great deal on what was left. The owner before him rear...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Ive had no issues with power for what I want to do with the 4cyl in the YJ. And it came in the TJ, so ill keep it for now.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
I think I have everything there to put the dash back together, but ill let you know. Thanks!

Function > Form

Club Member
Ive had no issues with power for what I want to do with the 4cyl in the YJ. And it came in the TJ, so ill keep it for now.

Ah, so what gears are in/will be in the D44s? I assume something shorter, or is that why you are going twinstick/doubler? Sorry for the questions - a noobs gotta learn :D

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Oh and I am pretty sure the answer for the doubler is :
Because he can :)
It is nice having the really low gears

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
The guy I bought my first doubler kit off of had as his signature: "Regular low is so uncivilized", I always believed that, I love the power of the LS now, but I still love crawling up an obstacle as slow as I can. I am currently: 4.56 4:1 2.72 and my new trans is 3.06 in 1st.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
This one will be plated for the road.
No that I got my new windows installed in my house, im hoping to get working on it this week.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
So so far I got a transmission and new clutch in. Fixed the drivers side floor, did a tail light conversion then safetied it and plated it.
So now its on a hoist getting a new rear 4 link, 5" stretch and the Dana 44 axle put in the back.

Function > Form

Club Member
diffs are a 4.88. The YJ has 4.56's.

The guy I bought my first doubler kit off of had as his signature: "Regular low is so uncivilized", I always believed that, I love the power of the LS now, but I still love crawling up an obstacle as slow as I can. I am currently: 4.56 4:1 2.72 and my new trans is 3.06 in 1st.

So, back when I first commented on this, I mostly understood. But now even better having read all about crawl ratio. [MENTION=86]dwcjwerfner[/MENTION] that is a crazy cool setup.

Oh ya, love the new lights [MENTION=526]Logan[/MENTION].