Hello, New to this Forum. Looking to join the real deal!

F

FJ Matt

Hi guys, Names Matt. I just moved here from Vancouver, and I'm looking to join your Off road organization. If anyone can help me with when where and what you need from me that would be awesome. I have been here since October and the closest thing to off road I have gotten was the snow. So I'm here to meet great people and have a blast while hitting the trails. I have a pretty stock 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. The only things I have modified are my tires (trail) a K&N intake, and a custom roof...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Welcome to the forum Matt! Our meetings are the last Thursday of every month (except this month!) at the Cock & Bull in Bells Corners (see the calendar for directions).
This month is our Christmas Party, which you are more then welcome to join in on. It is this Saturday in the Richmond & Carling area. Let us know if you want more details.

F

FJ Matt

Thanks guys, but I wouldn't want to intrude on your Christmas party. Thanks for the invite. I will definitely come to the one next year. :) Looking forward to meeting you all.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Not an intrusion at all. Good place to meet a bunch of us & watch a video of last year's highlights. We also pay our yearly membership at this event.

Feel free to come out, just bring a contribution to the pot-luck menu :D

tlowe

Not an intrusion at all. Good place to meet a bunch of us & watch a video of last year's highlights. We also pay our yearly membership at this event.

Feel free to come out, just bring a contribution to the pot-luck menu :D

I agree, this is a great place to introduce your self and get to know the group.......:beer:

F

FJ Matt

Okay I will do me best to make an appearance. Should I bring my membership fee so I can join? Farm Boy What should I bring to the pot luck? Is this at a pub, or at a hall?

Thanks Matt

F

FJ Matt

Is this the correct address? 3791 Richmond Road, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7.

Would it be to much trouble to haul my fiancee along as well.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Address, time, and more details here.

Do bring the fiance, this is a family event.

It's a BYOB, it's just a party hall with no drink sales, and check out the pot-luck list here.

And as much as we'd like to take your money, you can't pay dues till you've attended 2 run and 2 meetings and get voted in.

F

FJ Matt

Hi guys I plan on taking a friend out for his first 4x4 experience on sunday. Does anyone have a good place in mind? Just a logging trail or something easy? Gps coordinates will be the best but directions will.

S

Steve B

One of our rules I think is you don't go out alone, there should be at least 2 trucks.

Steve B:)

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
What Mud Lite said, before I joined the club I went out with my Rubi and my brother in a stock Sierra and the sled head gave me a blast. We were on logging roads so we told them to piss off. And of course the number One Rule, don't wheel alone. You never know when you might need pulled out. One of my first wheel trips Pete pulled my Rubi out with his Sami:banghead:. That's why I now wheel a Sami.

Cheers Jamie:beer:

F

FJ Matt

Potluck

Hey y'all,

Sorry I didnt make it out to the potluck. I had some trouble finding a baby sitter. I wish I could have made it. I am hoping to get out and meet with you all soon, as I am getting anxious with out 4x4ing. I took your advise and didnt go out wheeling by myself. I'm sure It would have been tough not knowing whats underneath all that snow on the back roads. So instead of wheeling I went out to the Antrim in Arnprior and bought myself a nice Cobra CB (nightwatch 29) any good?

F

FJ Matt

Cobra

Hey Farm boy,
I got a generic antenna for it. The damn thing was 50 buck$ for a generic. I hope it works well. What channels do we normally use?