Hello, New to this Forum. Looking to join the real deal!

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Having wheeled in alot of different areas, ya, as 2greys said, 4 is the normal channel for wheelers. If there is an event on different groups may be on different channels but 4 is the "standard" If you happen to be on FRS, channel 4 on that also

:beer:

F

FJ Matt

Oh okay perfect. I kinda thought it would be 4, as that is what all my wheelers use in Vancouver. Once I get on the trails with you all I hope somebody can show me how to use the dang thing.

As well, since I am new to Ottawa I don't have any friends here so I will have to be alone once I get wheeling. I hope thats not going to be a problem. Even though I will be following the leader. I would bring my fiancee but she hates the whole off road idea. Me.................. Its a passion for me!

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
No prob, I've gone on a couple and that seems to be quite the norm. Sometimes people bring others.

Oh okay perfect. I kinda thought it would be 4, as that is what all my wheelers use in Vancouver. Once I get on the trails with you all I hope somebody can show me how to use the dang thing.

As well, since I am new to Ottawa I don't have any friends here so I will have to be alone once I get wheeling. I hope thats not going to be a problem. Even though I will be following the leader. I would bring my fiancee but she hates the whole off road idea. Me.................. Its a passion for me!

F

FJ Matt

Are you refering to the CB or the truck? :lmao:

Funny guy! Hahaha Shhhhh! Dont tell, but the truck as well as the CB. Im an amature. I know the basics and I've been in places you wouldnt believe. These FJ Cruisers are pretty decent, yet expensive to repair. Thats why I wont get into anything crazy!

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Funny guy! Hahaha Shhhhh! Dont tell, but the truck as well as the CB. Im an amature. I know the basics and I've been in places you wouldnt believe. These FJ Cruisers are pretty decent, yet expensive to repair. Thats why I wont get into anything crazy!

Thats what i said! Next thing you know, you'll be running the Quinn. :smokin:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm

Trust us, we know just how capable they are. Several of us had the priveledge of beating on a whole fleet of them for a week for the Canadian press release when they first came out. We even met the Chief Engineer all the way from Japan (Got a signed model too :smokin:).

Pretty cool when you've got a BIG cheese from Toyota HQ telling you (in my best Asian accent) "Faster, Faster. Hit harder. Bigger rock, need bigger rock.":cool:

We're more than happy to help new drivers, we were all there at one point.

Jimbog

Club Member

Don't mean to sound negative but might want to look around for a new Fiancee, one that is into off-roading! LOL

F

FJ Matt

Hahaha.................. Ya I thought of that but she just treats me to damn right for me to go and do that. Besides, whats wrong with having an offroad mistress. I'm sure I can find someone to come.

Farm boy, thats pretty rad that you guys got to beat on the FJ. In your opinion what did you think off the FJ?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I think the opinion from everyone that helped with the unveiling was that they perform pretty good for light off-roading. The A Trac is quite impressive. It was fun to beat on something that isn't even on lots yet, think you're pushing it too much and maybe you should back it down a notch, only to have the Toyota reps say, No, beat on it more!
If you go in the gallery and go back a few years you'll find the pics of what we did to them. Good times indeed.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
x2 on what Twinkie said. Very impressive for a stock vehicle.
I do remember the rear seat access to be almost no-existant and the rearward visibility sucked.
I'd take one over a jeep anyday.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Another Toyota team came back to showcase them to off-roaders on local trails. I drove one on the Carp trail, it sure did better than I expected. :beer:

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
I do remember the rear seat access to be almost no-existant and the rearward visibility sucked.

X2

+ a few more issues I found annoing for such a automobile:
stupid located inner handle - beat my head to death every bump; non iluminated TC shifter; and a few more which I dont remember now but I am sure they were there :smokin:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I forgot about that, ya, they did quite well. I think that was the only time that Andew has driven on a trail. :flipoff:

K

kbrousseau

I forgot about that, ya, they did quite well. I think that was the only time that Andew has driven on a trail. :flipoff:
He also drove Tims sami 2 years ago at the Spring Fever prerun/clearing day on the Quinn.