Hey!

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Thought that I would finally join you guys. I know a few people off here(Wes and Mike-sabotage) from my time at No Limits. I finally bought myself another 4X4 that I can use for off roading so the wife can use my other one for daily use.
I have a 1998 Blazer ZR2 with a 2" lift and 33" Boggers for trail use, and 33" Pro Comp all terrains for daily use. Going to do exhaust and intake soon, possibly a programmer...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

O.D.

Club Member
I used to have a 99 ZR2 in Forest Green with a tan interior.. Man i loved that triuck... However with our first born the wife just found it too hard to get in and out of with the 2 doors so we sold it...

Nice ZR and welcome to the club!!

D

DoctorPhate

I used to have a 99 ZR2 in Forest Green with a tan interior.. Man i loved that triuck... However with our first born the wife just found it too hard to get in and out of with the 2 doors so we sold it...

Nice ZR and welcome to the club!!

So your building a TJ? lol

D

DoctorPhate

ahh. My bad, I didn't know your little guy was born in 04. I thought it was maybe a year ago or something.

R

Root Moose

Cool machine. Always liked the ZR2 package on the "little" Blazers.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Cool looking truck. Just the look. Used to have the same black 99 zr2. Dissapointing BS. Especially offroad. Give it to the wife. She sold it. End of the story. No more domestics.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Welcome.

Just remember, when the time comes to lift it more, swap in a solid axle right away, don't waist your time/money on the IFS crap -- especially since the ZR2 has a different frame than the non ZR2.

Oh, and Boggers suck! :flipoff:

szabotage

welcome logan, good looking rig! is your transfer case a passenger side drop? if so, I may have an axle for you if you decide ditch the IFS.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Mike it's a driver side, when I was still with this crap did some researches and the easiest and closest axle to swap is D30 of a **** (another crap)

Cochise

Mike it's a driver side, when I was still with this crap did some researches and the easiest and closest axle to swap is D30 of a **** (another crap)

Geez, that's pretty discouraging in itself. Never heard of anyone bothering to swap IN a D30.

:baby:

szabotage

well, blazers may not be the best vehicle to choose for a buildup, but they do have a good starting point. 4.3 vortec with a 4L60E tranny are a good powertrain combo, frame seems to be decently solid. the 10 bolt was also upgraded for the ZR2 package, bigger bearings and axleshafts (so I heard). if I had this truck, I'd ditch the t'case and axles in favour of an NP205 or a D20 and HP D44 in the front, and ford 9" in the rear. leafs all around and be done. that ain't much more work than what it takes to get a jeep built to be more capable.

I"m sure with the right knowledge and tools, a swap like this can be had for under 2g's

R

Root Moose

With everyone telling him his truck sucks maybe he's had second thoughts.

Very welcoming.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Ive had 2 4WD Blazers now, 5 4WD Jimmys, 1 4WD S-10, ans 5 2WD S-10's. Love them, and will favor it over anything else for off roading.

It is also my daily driver. The Prelude was getting too difficult with my daughter, so I got this. She is now 11 months and love going offroading in it.

My plan in a few years is to do a SFA swap from a 2007 & up Rubicon. Im looking at $3000 for all the stuff I need plus labour. Labour will be easy to do at my shop.

And for all the Blazer haters, they do have great potential.
http://www.trailkrawlers4x4.org/tkbbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3358

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Welcome to OVO. I have always liked Blazers and they do have great potential. Look forward to meeting you.

:beer: