I say it every year or so - we need these events here in a bad way.

L

Louis

Winch challenges, on private land, build it they will come. I like the two man team aspect, endurance, technical aspects, raw power and the need to build a vehicle that will truly cover all aspects when off roading - deep water, mud, rocks, wicked inclines/declines, modded winches, timed events with good stakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wB-vCJwsc0&feature=relmfu

Love this stuff. Would only take a venue in the country - 100-400 acres, a bit of clearing and bunch of...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
There has been abit of talk on some of the other forums about building a park up in sudbury but nothing lately. I believe they are using the Miller Motorsports park down in the states as a model (google it the place is awesome). I believe they want to run U4 type races and bring a Canadian KOH qualifier up this way, i think that would be great and is only 3 hours up the hiway from me! Throttle happy hasn't had any updates on it lately but the Sudbury club does have it's own forum - if this happens it would be great news for the sport!

L

Louis

I spoke with VMUTS the other day, they really want someone to go and show them how to build a course and trail system - they have incredible access and allowances for use - and parts of it is funded by the government, too bad they are so far from me!

Government annoys me.

L

Louis

He's totally on board with developing trails for trucks - just needs direction.

L

Louis

Ya I just got the skinny on the park. It's all crap though, I'll take you up to my camp and show you the clear cuts, destroyed swamps and habitat, but wait....don't use an old trail! Money talks - and wheelers don't have enough. How does the agusta venue get away with their events I wonder? seems to be mud there.

trixter192

Club Member
Is it possible to have it it Calabogie? It's wouldnt be much different than Spring Fever, except having a ticking timer for the events.

reaper1313 also has that private land he's turning into a park, it's not a lot of space, but we could have our own mini event there.

L

Louis

To have a real event like that I doubt the MNR would EVER let it go ahead, clear cut yes, 4wd fun - no. If reaper makes something I'm in if he opens it to others. Sounds cool!

V

valley dad

who is the guy that was on ojc that has land out in barry's bay. He has like 300 acres that he wants to make a park with. He just wants help to do it. We could take that to a whole new level and make a sort of schooling camp that not just makes course's but I would love to do classes where we could show newer members how to wheel and winch and get un stuck and stuff that is usefull.

V

valley dad

reaper1313 is the guy with the land, valley dad.
edit: and he has 58 acres, not 300
shit I was hoping 300 or maybe I thought to myself to bad it's not 300.
to bad but 58 just isn't that big.
we could for sure make a cool course on it but it would intersect often .
and we could for sure monitor it well being on the smaller side.
What do you guys think is it worth building something there or something closer to calabogie

V

valley dad

with a big enough fence , would he have to speak to anyone??I mean if it's his land, he could be worst and build a pig farm or something, god knows nobody wants to be around them....
when the options are an off road park or a pig farm or asian whore house , you see where I'm going with this

V

valley dad

tell the mnr you have to possibilities for the land either you build a methedone clinic or an off road park , see what happens from there