I'm a Newbie

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Originally Posted by Cummins Land-Rover View Post
A set of 30 spline longs and some 35s and you can beat on it all you want. The R&Ps are a lot stronger than minitruck stuff.

come again in english....

and yes it is a woodie wagon. 1986 in great shape.

30 spline longs are 30 spline Longfield axle shafts...much stronger than stock.

R&Ps are stronger than minitruck stuff...the ring and pinion, which handles transferring the power to the wheels, are stronger than the smaller Toyota axles.

Hope this helps...

C

Cummins Land-Rover

come again in english....

and yes it is a woodie wagon. 1986 in great shape.

I was basically saying that the driveline components on this truck are extremely tough. There is a common upgrade that replaces the CVs in the front axle with extremely high-grade ones, by a company called Longfield Enterprises. This is basically the only upgrade you would need to perform to be able to run 35 inch tires with no breakage. As others will attest, running 35s on a lot of other vehicles results in busted ball joints, broken axles, or the lift requires expensive parts like slip yoke eliminators, etc. The only other truck that in my mind compares is a Toyota minitruck, but they are rare with straight front axles, and although you can convert them, it's a lot of work and expense. Plus, they don't have the gears that the Land-Cruiser has. I didn't mean to hijack your thread and turn it into a car pimpin' fest, but Cruisers are where it's at :D

J

Joust

Thats why I'm here.
I have to decide on one...

I heard the cruisers are heavy and poor on gas. I want a daily driver for light to moderate offroading.:heep: Adrian is a little nuts... IMHO.

J

Joust

Sorry Cummins Land-Rover. I bought a truck.
I was chatting with a guy about an 85 4runner. He trailered it out to my place so I could have a look.
well....he left it. :smokin:
It looks good to me. some things obviously need attention. but I have an 86 pickup for parts. :)

C

Cummins Land-Rover

Sorry Cummins Land-Rover. I bought a truck.
I was chatting with a guy about an 85 4runner. He trailered it out to my place so I could have a look.
well....he left it. :smokin:
It looks good to me. some things obviously need attention. but I have an 86 pickup for parts. :)

Good for you! Don't worry, I have a few other bites. The 85 is a really good starting point.

L

Lee

Hey Barry, have fun with it and can't wait to see the finished product. BTW i'll get in touch with you this week and get you those spacers.