Im trying to get into this sport. I need mentors, willing to pay in beer

Tarquinn

Yeah

Im one of those young guys obsessed with jeep's and offroading for the past year or so. I went out and bought a stock TJ hoping to slowly modify it and do some little things. A coworker of mine owns a really nice lifted XJ and we came out on a trail run with you guys a little while back (lavant)

Anyways, What Im trying to ask is, I have really no experience in this kind of stuff other then reading about it online between this site and jeep kings and a few other dealer sites. If anyone...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Welcome to the site!

I am sure you will not have a problem finding someone to invite you to give a hand. The big question though is what jeep did you get?
Also have you decided what you want to do to it? Have you taken it offroading yet? I would recommend doing that first and see what it can do before you decide.

Also make sure you have lots of cash, Jeeps have a tendency of Emptying Every Pocket.
:D

Tarquinn

well I have a 03 TJ sport 100% stock I went with it because its going to be a daily driver as well and I figured the coil suspension would be nice, Ive taken it offroading a few times, i drove through my aunts plowed field, did a few trails like, really packed down nature trail type things. I've went to this one place near my friends farm that alot of the locals like to tear up.

been stuck about a million times actually, I have no good rear recovery point so I used my bumper and its all ruined now lol gives me a good excuse to get a new one i figure

already had a few breaks on it, front drive shaft, a caliper went, front U joints, uhh yeah, I was being a little mean to my jeep offroad.

I was thinking about putting 4 inches of lift and running 33" Baja claws and maybe upgrading slowly over a period of years, I really just want to know everything there is about swapping stuff around. I would love to get into axle swaps and engine swaps eventually on my jeep but thats waaay down the line.

I know its a bit wierd to just ask like this but I figure its the only way im ever going to really get my feet wet in this sport. Don't really have much mechanically inclined people in the family/friend's department.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Getting to know everything is a long road. Almost anything can be swaped into anything else if you're willing to do enough work for it.

If you're any good with a grinder I'd be happy to have you help with my buggy

Tarquinn

Im in the south end of ottawa right next to the airport, I dont mind driving an hour or so away though, I live in an apartment so I can't really do alot of junk here except for in my basement lol

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
cool, i live up the valley in petawawa, I'll be gone most of this summer for work but I look forward to seeing you on the trail sometime.

K

kbrousseau

We have a run tomorrow (Darling Road) that is stock friendly and would be a good run to get out on. Also check out Spring Fever, always a good weekend to do some wheeling. Your TJ will be fine for these runs and it will be a good chance to get out and see what your stock Jeep will do before you start modifying.

:beer:

Tarquinn

im going to come out soon as my new tires are put on I was hoping for some experience in fixing stuff before I break it too much :D