Intro

V

vers0016

Hey guys whatsup...Im new here...My name is Arthur, Im a mechanical Engineering student...I drive a 4.0L 2001 Ford Ranger with a 3" Body Lift

H

handsomeDave

Where'd you get the body lift from?
I'm looking for a 3" body lift for my explorer, it's the same kit as the ranger

V

vers0016

It was actually on it when I bought it...but it was missing a couple of body mounts which are impossible to find for individual sale...so to get it safety'ed I used some good ol hockey pucks with a hole drilled through them and a nice grade 8 bolt...a big fat one...dont want it falling apart now would you...as for your explorer the pucks work really well but youd still have to find the steering extension

H

handsomeDave

Yeah I was thinking going that route, but I don't know how well a hockey puck will hold up, I'm afraid that it'll crack after a couple years

V

vers0016

I wouldnt think so...hockey pucks are made of some pretty good stuff...designed for really cold weather and a lot of rough shooting around and stuff...but if they do crack at least its easier to replace...and cheap...anyways I dont think Id do it for all of the mounts but it worked well to replace the one missing one on my truck

H

handsomeDave

yeah, cheap and quick... I know you can buy the individual mounts on ebay for like $10 each

V

vers0016

I dunno...Its not the body mount I needed it was the 3 in lift spacer...I looked everywhere online for one and couldnt find one anywhere...the pucks have been in for about 6 months now and still working great...well see how they are in in another 6

B

brookmillerlee

Anytime you need spacers for body lifts, just go to the local steel shop, and buy square tubing or rectangle tubing in the size you want with at least .25" wall. Drill a hole at each end on a flat side, bolt in, good to go! Maybe add a hockey puck at each end to prevent squeek noise and absorb shock.