Is Burnt Lands still on?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
If not, anyone interested in doing Carp? From what it sounds like from JeepJen, the end may not be as bad as it was earlier in the summer. I got my Father-in-law to schedule his weekend off to come out and definitely want to do something. Plus I got my discos on and would like to try them out :)

I still want to go to Burnt Lands since I haven't been there yet and would like to check it out. But it sounds like it isn't as interesting as Carp.

Last edited:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
When is Burntlands scheduled? Carp is allot better. We ran carp yesterday and yes the end is not bad at all. You can get through it with a good set of 31's but with the rain that we are suposed to get this week i won't be suprised if it will fill back up.
However we found a bypass that exits to the develpoment so you do not have to go through the hole. But i think doing the trail backwards (march to carp) is better so i would turn around and go back.
:beer:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Burnt Lands is supposed to be this Saturday (the 25th). I enjoyed Carp the last time I went and both Mitko and Brad attempted the end but only got about half way through the last bit.

If Burntlands is still a go, I would like to do it. If no one wants to then I would be into doing Carp if someone wants to lead. I figure this time of year it would be a nice scenic tour. Not sure about Burntlands though since I haven't done it. Plus this will probably be my last before the Winter tires go on.

When is Burntlands scheduled? Carp is allot better. We ran carp yesterday and yes the end is not bad at all. You can get through it with a good set of 31's but with the rain that we are suposed to get this week i won't be suprised if it will fill back up.
However we found a bypass that exits to the develpoment so you do not have to go through the hole. But i think doing the trail backwards (march to carp) is better so i would turn around and go back.
:beer:

J

JeepJen

After yesterday I would say any trail would be a nice senic ride. Both were beautiful in my opinion, but then again I love the fall colours. I saw something that looked like a bit of a bypass around the mud at carp but I didn't look too closely as I wanted to try the mud.

chunkytrunks

Club Member
After yesterday I would say any trail would be a nice senic ride. Both were beautiful in my opinion, but then again I love the fall colours. I saw something that looked like a bit of a bypass around the mud at carp but I didn't look too closely as I wanted to try the mud.

The bypass on the left? Trickcyclist and I walked it and it comes out to the development.

N

NitroTy

I feel that Carp from March to Carp Rd. would be slightly easier. Going from Carp to March, you have a lot of sharp drops that result in some banging. Going the other way you are climbing them, making the hits less hard. Assuming of course that you can make it up them.

J

JeepJen

Ohh it's just that Carp is a tightish trail and an H3 is just too big

chunkytrunks

Club Member
I feel that Carp from March to Carp Rd. would be slightly easier. Going from Carp to March, you have a lot of sharp drops that result in some banging. Going the other way you are climbing them, making the hits less hard. Assuming of course that you can make it up them.

Thats why i said going from March to Carp is more fun, it's more challenging.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Yeah, the last time we went it was in and back. I also found coming out was more difficult. I had an off-camber moment on a corner and the one rock slope coming out of the water I had to take a go at it twice. Mind you I banged my butt more on the way in but I attributed it to not paying attention when I should have.

/shrug

I'm not sure I see the difference. We usually run this trail as a loop.

S

skareb

Is this a stock friendly trail I would like to try something in my area for the first time.

chunkytrunks

Club Member
I am up for a run to Carp this weekend. I can lead. What day is best for everyone? We will be running it both ways so i think 31's would be best. If you are stock you can run the first half of the trail but don't be afraid of banging your skidplates more than a few times.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Depending on the interest in Burnt Lands, I may be in. Saturday is the only day since I arranged for my Father-in-law to come along.

Plus Sunday is scheduled for "put the Hard top back on" day :(

Also someone with a winch should come along in case we get brave to try the mud at the end. With the rain we are having it may make it deeper again.

I am up for a run to Carp this weekend. I can lead. What day is best for everyone? We will be running it both ways so i think 31's would be best. If you are stock you can run the first half of the trail but don't be afraid of banging your skidplates more than a few times.

Last edited: