Is Burnt Lands still on?

G

Gadzooks

I may join in on this, unless anyone else is up for something more challenging>?

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I will be meeting at Carp fair grounds by the arena at 9:30. If anywants to meet and lead from Zellars they would have to leave by 9:00.

I have made another thread about this Saturdays run with all the details. Titled: Carp Run Saturday, Oct 25.

S

skareb

I drive a ford ranger do you think it would be ok or would I rip the underside out. I have no clue how my ground clearance is compared to other stock vehicle.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Do you know what your clearance is though? Also what size tires do you have? I assume you have 4-low (sorry, don't know the specs on the Ranger). If your clearance is comparable to a Grand Cherokee then you should be ok if you are using 31's as JeepJen here has that.

I drive a ford ranger do you think it would be ok or would I rip the underside out. I have no clue how my ground clearance is compared to other stock vehicle.

J

JeepJen

I just have to keep mentioning this. I did carp with bald 28" street slicks. Carp is not difficult by any stretch (other than the mud hole) but I did bang my underside A LOT

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member

You should be ok, you shouldn't damage anything. If you come out saturday morning i will take a look but i know stock rangers have gone through before without a problem.:beer:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I just have to keep mentioning this. I did carp with bald 28" street slicks. Carp is not difficult by any stretch (other than the mud hole) but I did bang my underside A LOT

X2...I did the same trail in my 92 S-10 (extended cab short box) with semi-bald 29's. Like Jen said, just be prepared for a bit of banging on the frame/crossmembers when you come off the ledges.

M

mxrenegade

I'm about 85% sure that I can make it out to this one. The only thing is I can't get that damn receiver bar out of my trailer hitch. I don't care if it bangs.

I'm running 31's on the TJ, so hopefully that's enough clearance. My buddy Jordan might join too with his TJ (he has 31's too). His brother-in-law has a stock TJ with stock tires and a 2" body lift, would that be able to run the trail?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Oh hells yeah. My TJ is the same as your bil. As said, expect bangs on the frame and skids. Sounds worse than it is.

I'm about 85% sure that I can make it out to this one. The only thing is I can't get that damn receiver bar out of my trailer hitch. I don't care if it bangs.

I'm running 31's on the TJ, so hopefully that's enough clearance. My buddy Jordan might join too with his TJ (he has 31's too). His brother-in-law has a stock TJ with stock tires and a 2" body lift, would that be able to run the trail?

M

mxrenegade

Oh wait?? is this now being run on Saturday? I thought it was going down on Sunday?

M

mxrenegade

DAMN!!! I really wanted to head out on this one. I've got to move someone on Saturday. :banghead:

Well, I might do up a run into burntlands on Sunday. If anyone is up for it, let me know.

N

NitroTy

JeepJen and I are probably up for Burnt Lands Sunday. We could do that and Rock Coady Trail.

M

mxrenegade

JeepJen and I are probably up for Burnt Lands Sunday. We could do that and Rock Coady Trail.

Yea, I was thinking the same! I think I have a few others that want to come out too. I'll firm things up tonight and post from there!:beer: