Lavant, Sunday October 26

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Seems like this is the weekend of trail runs ... nice!

Matt and I will be heading to Lavant on Sunday. If you would like to join us, let me know. Lavant is a stock vehicle <strike>friendly<strike> capable trail. There are two sections of this trail stock vehicles have trouble with ... minor scraping may result on control arm brackets and / or diffs. Simon dented his steering stabilizer and Dan picked up a nifty new scratch on the rear quarter panel on our last run to...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I will be meeting at Timmies in Almonte. I do get reception in hopetown (at least last time i did). My cell # (613)322-2899

C

CdnSeries2a

Anyway I can tag along Sunday, my LR won`t be ready for a few weeks! Just interested in seeing some of the local trails! I can meet you wherever just need a spare seat!
Cheers.
Al.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Anyway I can tag along Sunday, my LR won`t be ready for a few weeks! Just interested in seeing some of the local trails! I can meet you wherever just need a spare seat!
Cheers.
Al.

You'll have to ask Matt (chunky) ... unfortunately, my passenger belt doesn't work.

Loco

I'd wheel it
Awesome day. Finally got a chance to try out the Sami and had a blast. Thanks to Brad, Al and Matt, Amy and I had a great time. I'm really glad I wasn't the first to get stuck and pulled out the Jeep with a little zuki pride. But then I got repaid back double after nealry drenching Amy by having the water half way up her door when I stuck it the first time:lmao:. Everyone had a good laugh as I pulled the drain plugs from the floor and the water streamed out. Within 30 seconds of getting started again I got stuck a second time in some nice deep sticky mud.:D Good times. On the way out I noticed traction was seeming to be an issue but I figured it was just the clay still in the lugs of the tires. Turns out I broke something though. I realized the lincoln locker is no more when I did a one-wheel peel after unlocking the hubs and putting it back in 2wd. Got back to town at normal highway speed the only thing is that you can tell only one wheel is being driven as it pulls a little under acceleration. I miss the chirping going around the corners too:(.
Anyway, great day thanks again to everyone. It was a pleasure to wheel with you, I hope we can do it again soon.
Cheers.:beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Yeah, great day. Thanks brad for leading and spotting. Thanks for Loco for showing up and making this a run. Brads jeep was broken so it was only myself and the sami. I enjoy that trail.
Yes i did get stuck at the mudhole but i swallowed my pride and got a tug by the sami. But we kicked butt by giving him two tugs, :lmao:
Thats unfortunate you broke. Did the welds just break on the spider gears or are you gunna have to put your hybrid rear end in earlier than you thought?

Loco

I'd wheel it
Did the welds just break on the spider gears or are you gunna have to put your hybrid rear end in earlier than you thought?

I'm not sure. I'll have to check it later this week. It is a good excuse to get the hybrid. Wish I could afford toy axles though. Something to look forward to.:D

Loco

I'd wheel it
Pay close attention to pic#3 and you can see the water pouring from the drain holes.:lmao:

Loco

I'd wheel it
Great pics Brad.

One thing I forgot to mention in my mini write-up was that when I arrived at Zellers I didn't see anyone so I took off and Brad saw me and chased me down (and I had no ideawhere I was going). So thanks again Brad for making the whole day possible.