Lavant Trail run August 29th

Superzuk

There an area nearby to park truck and trailer? I’m definitely interested in tagging along. I’ve never done the trail before.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Damnit, made plans the day before you posted this! I can bail on a friend, right?

badcompany

Club Member
Can i just ask how long is this trail?
The meeting spot is a 3 1/2 hour drive From my place. Just trying to see if I can make it time wise.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Not super long, but you know how the day can go. Lavant trail, with a decent group (no stockers) can probably get to the top in 2 hours or less, then play around up there if you wish. There's no mention about taking the alternate exit, so that'd be an unknown.
The watery/swampy area can be dicey, with how dry it's been I doubt it'll be deep. I've crossed it in the old Sami with water licking at the sliders, and you know how tall that truck was. LoL
It's a fun day, I'd be going if I hadn't already made plans.

badcompany

Club Member
yea and I also know it can pull diesel rams with trailer and jeep up grassy hills :) Thanks for the info. Hell of a long day with the 7hr round trip to get there. If I didn't have to be home for Sunday morning I would, but time seems to not be there for this one....

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I think the fastest we did it was about an hour with just three trucks and that was the first time Jean-Guy and I camped at the top. The second time it was a bit longer as there was 5 but it was longer going down as Al had to tug Kevin all the way down. Granted in both cases the trail wasn't as cut up as it has been the last couple years. I was shocked the last time how bad right after the swamp it has got.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Looks like we'll be 5 or 6 tomorrow with most being experienced drivers so I'm hoping it will go quick. Also planning on coming back out the front.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I think the fastest we did it was about an hour with just three trucks and that was the first time Jean-Guy and I camped at the top. The second time it was a bit longer as there was 5 but it was longer going down as Al had to tug Kevin all the way down. Granted in both cases the trail wasn't as cut up as it has been the last couple years. I was shocked the last time how bad right after the swamp it has got.

That felt like less than an hour on the way out to be honest, and it gave me a new appreciation for JK's that day. Felt like about 3 hours at the bottom with the trailer fiasco however.