lookin for Local trails

B

brookmillerlee

Hey everybody! Just moved to the area and am looking for some local trails to try out. Anyone going out on the 11 or 12th of July to do some local wheeling? If so, post here. I wish I could come out to the meeting on thursday June 25, but am unable to, and the next meeting is in late July. Wanna do some wheeling before that!

'82 toyota, lifted, 4.88's and 33's, locked rear, warn 9000lb, heavy tow points, lots of straps, hood snorkel

D

DoctorPhate

I'd be up for that. I've got a 98 Cherokee stock.

Im sure hulk would be too, she has a TJ rubicon.

I

IncredibleHulk

i am going out this weekend if you want to join so far its only a rubicon and a land rover

D

DoctorPhate

I was supposed to pick it up today but he didnt get a chance to etest it yet. so hes doing that saturday and Ill be registering it monday.. unless i can get a hold of him and figure out a way to bring the thing in friday so i can register it friday too.

L

Louis

brookmillerlee, are you ever available during the week? If so I can go just about any time.

Louis

B

brookmillerlee

I am available during the week. Haven't found a job yet. I can't get out this weekend, but a few weeks from now I should be able to free up the time for full weekend run. For now, the odd day trip will have to do. I have lots of time during the weekdays. Where are the local trails so I can google map' em? Maybe don't post here. Email me at brooklee1000@hotmail.com

B

brookmillerlee

On another topic, I'm in Barhaven. Where is there a good carwash hereabouts? Gonna need one!

B

brookmillerlee

Loius, can you PM me about the Quinns and Strattlebug lake trail you talk about in your other post? Where are they and how to get to them? Wanna google and check out the Sattelite view. Any day this week or next except wed the first.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Quinn is around HERE somewhere.
I'm not sure what you expect Google maps to show you though. LoL

szabotage

google won't show you much, maybe try toporama. and if you guys do the quinn, keep a lookout for a rear samurai driveshaft near the snag rock. 3 weeks ago, I had to pull scott kelsey out in front wheel drive after he busted his pinion bearing, gnarled all his teeth off the ring gear, broke the ears off the driveshaft flange and lost his driveshaft.

L

Louis

it's been a long time since I have been to the quinns and up in that area - we can find it though. I can go next week if you want to - maybe tuesday or wednesday?

B

brookmillerlee

Monday is out, but can do Tues ( we are both talking the 30th right?). Post where and when to meet.

L

Louis

Tomorrow is good. Where do you live? I am in orleans.

I have to drop the kids off in the am at school - then I have all day to play.

Will do some research on the strattlebug trail, figure out where the entrance is.

Dirk, can you make it for tomorrow?

B

brookmillerlee

I am in Barhaven, but makes sense to meet on the side of the city that any trails are on, right? We'll meet thereabouts. Name time and place to meet.

L

Louis

ok pm me your phone number please.

I am thinking that we can meet in the parking lot at zellers in bells corners, or if you give me your cell number I can call when I am on the queensway - then you can just hop on the queensway and we can more or less team up on the way towards calabogie. - that will save about half an hour of getting on and off the highway.

My chainsaw is broken - do you have one?

Anyone else with a lifted, locked, winched, min 33's truck wanna go with us?