Looking for a guide for July 16th and 17th for the Tri Cities

N

Nimmer

About 10 rigs from the Kitchener area in the Tri City Jeep Club are joining me at my cottage for a three day weekend up here and was wondering if there was anyone who wanted to guide us?

The last thing I want is to go trail hunting and end up on a closed trail or somewhere we shouldn't be and draw negative attention to the Ottawa Valley area.

Talk to you soon.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Where is the cottage, and what are you looking to wheel? Buggies, or mild street rigs?

N

Nimmer

Our rigs will vary, smallest will be 33's 4" lift with the majority being 37" tires +. Our little guys aren't shy. Quinn back door we were looking to do. Cottage in Norway Bay right across from Arnprior

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
K, so either be crossing at Portage, or Fitzroy ferry. Cross at Portage, run down through Renfrew and do Gorge (pick your poison type trail, in and out), and Quinn Back door. Very doable for a small group. I may be able to swing the Saturday, have to clear it with the wife. I'll be at a trailer park near Cobden, so not far from the Portage crossing.

N

Nimmer

Sweet! Thanks Twinkie! We will be crossing at Portage. I sent you a PM with my details.

Is there anyone who wants to do a Friday run?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Well, we had an awesome time. Myself, Scott (Baja) and Jim (JimBog) led the 3 trucks from Kitchener through Crag Lake. It was a gorgeous day to be on the trail, a nice breeze to keep the bugs and sweat down. The trail went pretty smooth. Jim lost a bead on a tire, a quick jack, ratchet strap and some CO2 and he was mobile. Colin (Nimmer) had a bad day. His Jeep was over heating and he lost his starter. A stick jumped up and popped his serpentine belt off at one point too. It was a long trip through Crag with all the needed breaks to cool his truck off, but fun none the less. One of the Jeeps with them (TJ on 35's) took some tree damage to his tail light and license plate holder, plus some paint on the side after leaning in to a tree. A stock Rubi with them managed the whole trail with no damage and only got hung up a couple of times. The skid plates got a workout though.
All in all and excellent day.

Colin and group left Renfrew around 5pm, the TJ on 35's had wicked death wobble and Colin's Jeep had a front end noise. The front end noise turned out to be a wheel bearing that gave up at Bon Echo. The other Jeep made it to Toronto before the wobble was just too bad. They got home around 9:30 this morning and are taking a nap, then heading back for the Jeeps. Hardcore. LoL Kind of reminds me of Farook and the group.