Membership

T

TyCobbsTeeth

Good mornin,

I'm new to the site and have been looking through to see if there are any stickies for the membership package. I see a few posts that include information including annual cost, UPS store shipping discount, club meetings, etc. but I'm wondering if there is a post that details everything that membership entails;

What the benefits are and what, if any, expectations there are from members (time commitments, event attendance, etc.)

Thanks,
-R

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
There are no expectations as per event attendance, meeting, etc. We have members that don't do any of those ;) But it is always nice to get a new member that is willing to commit time to help running events, coming out to trail runs and meetings :beer:

The benefits to membership other than the UPS box, Private section of the forums, etc is that you get to wheel with people who have been doing it for years, if you break on the trail you can feel safe knowing that we get you and your rig home safe and sound and the combined knowledge of the people here will ensure that when you do get back home you know what to do to upgrade your rig so that it does not happen again :)

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
As an example, a member was out in the Calabogie area this week and broke a tie rod on his truck. Tim and Terry headed out that night and got him fixed and back on the road :)beer: to those two). The amount of advice and knowledge I've gotten over the years here has been invaluable.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
As an example, a member was out in the Calabogie area this week and broke a tie rod on his truck. Tim and Terry headed out that night and got him fixed and back on the road :)beer: to those two). The amount of advice and knowledge I've gotten over the years here has been invaluable.
"This week"...LoL Home last night at midnight, 4 hours of sleep and here I am sleeping in my Cherrios at work. Absolutely bagged. :) The access road is currently *not* 2WD friendly either, it is messy out there. Back up the same road tomorrow morning to scout flag locations for Capture the Flag, we think we're going to go back to some of the old spots we haven't used in the last 6-7 years. Should mix it up a bit for the regulars.